Introductions Thread

Wickedfire's not been opening on my browser and googling it threw up this forum.
I havent been able to posts on forums or read them for a long time since quitting my job to go self :(

See a lot of familiar names. Sup guys?

I have been slowing moving away from SEO and PPC to Mobile App.

Will posts more soon..

BTW, how long do you guys think you can continue to milk social traffic. I have some good volume on Facebook and I have been getting offers from other Viral Site owners. Time to exit or what?
Anybody been selling clone viral sites with massive traffic?

Doing my intro post.

Haven't made a ton of money from the information super highway (some, but not a ton), but have had a lot of fun.

Always find it cool to write or create something that gets picked up somewhere interesting, whether it be mainstream media or a celebrity that I've been a fan of.

I work full time at a job that's slowly draining my soul, but will eventually leave it to ramp up a few prime websites I've owned for a decade or so - grinding so hard, it'd make Miley Cyrus exhausted just to watch me.

The GN indexed news site I publish is the only one I currently keep regularly updated.
I figure if I'm ever unemployed, I'll at least be able to write off my meals as long as I whip up a review for them on my news site afterwards. :smile:

Lots of good threads and success stories on this place.
Hope to make some contributions of my own while also continuing to absorb y'all's knowledge through osmosis.

- Steve

You have decade old sites?! Have they maintained their indexation and never had their domains dropped? Been hosted the whole time? I bet those could grow very fast with that much age, especially if they have links going to them that have aged like that too.

If you can stand the day job and have expendable income from it, you could sling content at those sites and see how the new pages begin to perform in Webmaster Tools. One of those might be primed to explode with a little love.

Do new posts on the Google News site perform well enough that they'd pay off a writer you hired to post several times a day?

Anybody been selling clone viral sites with massive traffic?

We've had a couple members that I'm aware of liquidate sites like this. Our friend @built got his first win building one of these, pumping social traffic at it through Reddit, selling some ad space, then flipping. We have other members that I won't mention unless they do it themselves who have quietly sold sites like this for mid-6 figures and low-7 figures. It's definitely viable still, but I'm assuming ROI is dropping slightly as Facebook continues to screw it's advertisers. But Facebook is definitely not the only game in town!

Hey Ryuzaki,

Yup - the oldest website I own was registered around 2002 and has been hosted / online since. I'd classify it as a collectibles site. I don't even remember what it was monetized with originally, but it was the first one I put Adsense on back in the early days. Looking at Google Trends, the collectible has more or less maintained its popularity. Just a slight decline with peaks and valleys.

I'm pretty lazy and suspect I'll need my back against the wall to really go at them. If I have a plan, it would be to save enough money to live tight for a year and then go into panic mode. I have to be hungry in both sense of the word. :smile:

Regarding the GN site - it's in cruise mode right now. I have paid for some articles that worked out okay, but whenever I try to ramp it up, I find that the quality isn't good enough (for what I want to pay).
From what I've seen, all sized news sites really need a dedicated sales person to make good money. I'm building up reputation etc locally right now and will likewise ramp it up when they time comes.

That's the site I'm getting most MSM and celeb links to, without even trying that hard, and can reference those links when I eventually start making sales pitches for advertising etc in the future.

Thanks!

I Think I know one of the sites you are referring to. FB does screw advertisers, partners and developers alike, but I am not too sure of FB algorithms. I made several clone sites which I gave equal attention and some does extremely better than others and whenever they have a tweak the end game is still about the same. I have been through good times, but since I guess 2013 end, after they did a massive reduction in reach, things have been pretty stable and uphill as pages grow organically.

I think I will need to have a goal to liquidate though.

Any posts around on building out a base on Instagram, Snapchat and Whatsapp type apps?

I do some pinterests and twitter, but fb is my butter

Update

After I posted and received all the advice, I did reread everything few times and dropped the adult project, and took your advice. Created an account on Upwork and got a job for 7$ an hour which is quite good for me and much better than work on the adult site. At least for know till I save some money, to start something more serious. Thankfully I had experience in SEO and could land a freelancing job without any ratings and worked hours on Upwork.

I don't advocating getting a 9 to 5 job obviously... but that was pleasantly surprising he took our advice, faster than most people to say the least - without having to re-experience what thousands of others before him have.

"Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others."

Hello BUSO!

I am John Aquino from the Philippines. I started on odesk (now upwork) last Dec 2010 doing/offering citation service. Now working for Canada based internet marketing firm. Hope I can learn new stuffs not just about local seo but internet marketing in general.

Thanks,
John

Cheers all, my name is azswe.

Calamari kicked off a laboratory thread in preparation for 2016 which got me thinking - a new year should be as good a time as any other to pull my finger out...

I´ve been working in online marketing in different capacities for some years now (currently for a ppc agency) and for a while - on and off - I´ve felt eventually I want to go solo.

I had some side projects few years ago but quickly ended just cashing out the content. While fear and procrastination have been big reasons for not taking action, more recently I´ve had proper reasons. I think those reasons are finally behind me and I shouldn´t really have any excuses at the moment.

I have niche and a general idea of the end result in my mind, so maybe this intro is the 1st step in getting posting priviledges and eventually I´ll put some public pressure on myself with a laboratory thread that´ll help plan me the steps and run the math on everything. I know the general consensus here is "just get started", but I probably need a clear roadmap o this one before going to war.

The odds are I won´t, or it´ll be another laboratory thread fading away due excuses and lazyness, but we´ll see...

Also thanks guys for the great forum and your great contributions back at WF

HI @bopeep, you got my interest with about your Fb traffic. I am doing some group posting on FB in order to drive targeted traffic to offers, but I've never used the platform with the purpose of quantity in terms of traffic. Can drop some advises about how you promote your viral type site on FB. Here are the question I want to ask you:

Do you use multiple accounts to post in different groups/pages?
Do you use only your website official page or you have a satellite pages?
Do you use some of those viral scripts or click jackers?

I am about to build one of those sites, and right now I am in the researching phase this is why I am asking. Thanks.

I use multiple accounts mainly for security. I make one or two accounts the admin and other accounts content creators. Mainly coz sometimes FB disables you or in case of a Hack. I have multiple account as well as employee accounts doing the content creation.

I don't do groups. You can spam other groups, but i don't do it. I just promote my pages.

I make tons of pages in each niche. Once you have a Big page, it is easy to build out smaller pages which also keeps growing by promoting the smaller pages. I also do s4s with other big pages where I share their page of choice and I let them share my small pages.

I don't do any click jackers or viral scripts. Nothing to hurt the Brand per se. :smile:

And I guess you are too. I suffered through Thanksgiving with a lot of nice people and good food.

But even then, I was mostly thinking about work.

I've worked on the internet for years and had a lot of successes, and a lot of failures. I have a lot of room for improvement.

I like what I see here.

Hi guys,

Came here to see what I can learn about internet marketing with the intention of asking a lot of questions and hopefully figuring this game out.

Sounds good. Ask away!

How deep into the game are you? Do you have any projects currently? What kind of sites and monetization are you interested in?

@Ryuzaki right now I'm just about as green as they come.

I ran a Wordpress.com blog many moons ago but since I qualified as an accountant I've done nothing.

I've been thinking of setting up a blog on either watches or golf (both passions of mine) but have no idea where I should b startin.

I'm looking forward to collaborating and exchanging ideas with many of you on here. I've been dabbling in internet marketing for the past few years but I've finally gotten serious about making something happen during the past 12 months and I've been seeing positive results. I've been learning a lot through execution and lots of testing and I look forward to being able to contribute to and learn from this community. Used to spend time browsing WF now and again, learning about what was current, but never did much myself or contributed. I'm ready to change that.

I am focused on building content-based sites from the ground up to a sustainable revenue stream and I am also engaged in private label e-commerce via Amazon. I am looking to learn more about optimizing these content sites and engaging audiences - I am trying to avoid building churn-and-burn sites stacked on a pile of spam links. Looking to build quality and work with others who are doing the same.

My key philosophy is efficiency. Work smart and hard.

I was serious about it for about 2 years in the 90's and then only barely dabbled for a long time. Got serious again around 2003, and it's been on ever since! Similar stories. Once you decide to make it happen, it happens. I also am a fan of content sites for the same reason you mentioned. I'm happy to build and flip other types, but I really want to create one content site that just lasts and becomes a dominating force to be reckoned with. The kind where you publish a post and it takes the #1 spot just because. That's straight cash.

Once you decide to make it happen, it happens.
Agreed - for a change I'm experiencing it happening as opposed to simply reading about it. It's very motivating in and of itself to continue to work harder and achieve more. People always talk about it, but you really just need a laser focus. Cut out all the bullshit.

I really want to create one content site that just lasts and becomes a dominating force to be reckoned with. The kind where you publish a post and it takes the #1 spot just because. That's straight cash.
You nailed it. This is the real money, and this involves the extent of work 95% of people won't even consider. Flipping for seed money is one thing - building a site like this is another.

Thanks for connecting @Ryuzaki!

Hi,
I will try to introduce myself.
I'm not fresh in online marketing scene but I'm rusty lurker who is trying to transform into active action taker.

Some things I have done:
-built ~100 MFA websites and then got banned after 2 years (They reactivated me already)
-bought GSA SER and used it for two days 2 years ago (lurked for couple months)
-tried Facebook ads to ecommerce and failed after 4 days(still lurking)
-found couple local SEO clients and I hate them because I find myself in situations when I'm not earning but I'm losing money
-created couple websites for clients
-created couple Adwords campaigns
-oh, didn't mention that I even tried blackhat CPA for 5 days! (lurked for 3 months)

So as you see some major problems. Lack of focus, not good decisions.

Because I'm really inspired with this community I'm trying to work on my old website which could possibly grow to authority website but I don't know if I can achieve that. Have a VA in India who works on it and couple content writers while I'm working with my clients and offline parody life.

Hello.

Welcome aboard.

Sounds like you're chasing the shiny object instead of sticking to one thing. 100 MFA's is definitely sticking to one thing but you have to stick to the right thing.

You can definitely achieve an authority site! There's zero reason you can't, really. Any thing you don't know, you can learn. Any obstacle can be overcome.

Instead of "I don't know if I can" it's got to be more like "I will and it will be great when I'm there. The harder and smarter I work, the sooner that moment will come. It's coming regardless though!"

Thanks for introducing yourself. See you around the forum :smile:

Well at least I got ~8000$ from those websites but I didn't maintain those websites that is why I got banned. Maybe I will create a journey thread if I will focus myself to get things done.

Thanks for warm welcome!

but I didn't maintain those websites that is why I got banned.

Can you explain more about this? What do you mean? The reason I ask is because i made a boatload of static Adsense sites at one time and had no problem. I never added content past the first week and there was never an issue. What do you mean by "Maintain"?

Hey, welcome on board!

got banned after 2 years (They reactivated me already)

I never knew they can reactivate banned ppl. Mind to share? I might try reactivating one of my accounts as well, if it's true.

Back