Introductions Thread

I know you from The Stand and all of your other manifestations in the King Universe... :evil:

Do you speak Spanish? I'm wondering how not speaking Spanish would impact trying to move into those markets as a smaller operation, versus being able to hire a Spanish speaking worker.

Always glad to encounter another SK reader!
Regarding your question, i do speak spanish, it's my mother tongue so i obviously feel way more confident working with sites on that language. I think that the main difficulty about entering in a foreign niche -when you totally ignore the language- it's that you simply ignore almost everything about the market, in the case of spanish speaking nations you should add which countries don't worth to aim; for example Bolivia will be very disappointing if you need people using credit cards (his current president). It's always an advantage if you can get a man who know the field, otherwise you could end opening a sexshop in an amish village.

Welcome to my Introduction thread, happy to have you here.

Have been reading this forum for quite a while, and this is the last marketing forum I'm reading regularly, which I'm proud of as I used to read a lot of forums, and it might be a good things to read about marketing, spending few hours every day reading pure theory without taking any action is just escapism and lying to yourself, telling yourself that you had a productive day as reading is good. Bullshit.

I'm 20 years old guy from a small country in north Europe. Have been messing with internet marketing for 5 years, but most of it was just bullshit, and not really working, more like a hobby sorta. Probably have made few grand in all those 5 years.

Mostly have done SEO, started with MLM and PTC, as a lot of you did. But have a little understand about everything. Weak spot is discipline ( Improving fast ) . Strength is research/analyzing ( A Gift and a Curse at the same time )

Have been mostly focusing on improving myself, not only on making money. Things like meditating, cold showers ( recommend for everyone ) , working out, healthy eating is been an important aspect, as I used to be unhealthy and very skinny, depressed.

In the last few month business/money wise have been terrible, got my Paypal closed 1 week ago even tough I gave all the needed documents. So now I'm exactly at 0$, can't get hosting or domain even, but have a plan already, and will be opening a Journey thread once get the necessary likes.

Thanks to all the members here, love the advice, inspiration and tough love from the members.
Alan-Saying-Thank-You-Hangover.gif

Klayne

Welcome to becoming a non-lurker!

What does PTC mean? I'm not aware of that acronym.

If you have to, parasite off of someone else's huge domain or build a web 2.0! You don't have to have any money to get started again, not even for a domain or hosting.

Welcome to becoming a non-lurker!
Thank you.

What does PTC mean? I'm not aware of that acronym.
It means "Paid to Click" basically the worst thing a human being can do to earn money. Clicking on ads and watching them for 30 seconds to make half a cent. But I'm thankful for that, as if I wouldn't have found PTC, I might not be here, and have no idea about making money online. Which also lead me to self improvement, making my life much more enjoyable.

If you have to, parasite off of someone else's huge domain or build a web 2.0! You don't have to have any money to get started again, not even for a domain or hosting.
Thanks for the advice, but it's already in my plan, and have found the platform which I'm going to use in the adult niche.

I'm going to use in the adult niche.

INTVQKl.gif

You should really study the economics of your niche before you dive in. The big guys are all losing money cause of the abundance of free content, unless you are selling sex toys... then you'll have a chance.

If I were you I would set your goals and aspirations a lot higher. Trust me, from personal experience, I can tell you after X amount of weeks/months being in a field that you thought was "fun", but now is "work", you'll look at things a lot differently. Unless you really are passionate about the adult niche, you are going to regret wasting valuable time and resources pursuing this.

Again, if you are really passionate about it, and willing to put in 12-18+ hours a day for 7 days a week, for months or years on end towards this particular niche, and it excites you enough that the passion will be with you during the downward spirals of the roller-coaster - go for it, otherwise find another niche - one you are passionate about cause you will be spending lots and lots of time immersed within it.

People waste so much time in niches and on things that don't make money it's baffling why they got into it in the first place. Do research on the economics first...

@CCarter
Adult isn't my end game. It's the fastest way I can acquire money. I'm currently at 0$, with a blocked Paypal and empty bank account. I need to build a website, which will make me 200-500$ per month to be able to make the next step in my path. And adult had the solution for me. Found a free platform, with an ad network paying weekly, not Net 30 which I don't have time for. And I will be practicing traffic leaking, which will help me for the rest of my life.

It's the fastest way I can acquire money.

Honestly, you're fastest and surest bet would be to become an employee with an hourly wage or annual salary.

At 20 years old, you can look at it in two ways:
1) You've got time to experiment and learn
2) Start your end game now well ahead of the curve

As someone in their 30's, I regret using my 20's doing MFA's, EMD's, and other three letter wastes of time. PTC and MLM I'm sure come to mind for you.

Had I started my big authority site ten years ago and not compromised it with spam, I'd be a multi-millionaire right now, possibly and 8-figure king. Instead of I was running Scrapebox 24/7 and buying links from people.

Don't lose the golden years to something that's just a means to the end. But then again, strike while the iron is hot.

@Klayne what type of ad network pays for adult? Do you mean affiliate network.

I tried. Do what you think makes sense, but remember you were warned.

"The brain that created a problem cannot solve that same problem without new knowledge." - CCarter

If your brain got you to your broke level, any ideas it has or comes up with will NOT get you out, unless new knowledge, experience (which you are about to learn), or guidance is given to it from an outside source- one which has been there and done that preferably.

Ah quote was from Albert Einstein: "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

It's the fastest way I can acquire money.

Boy, have you got that ass backwards. No offence, but Adult isn't the easy money you think it is. You are far better off starting a site that doesn't rely on adult payouts, that is more mainstream. Like @CCarter said, unless you are willing to put in a lot of time and actually build something substantial, you won't make much money.

Found a free platform

If you are thinking Tumblr or others of that like, you will have your site banned sooner or later (more often sooner). You need to be able to host an adult site properly to make it work.

with an ad network paying weekly, not Net 30 which I don't have time for

Lots of adult platforms don't have Net 30. Juicyads being one of them (if not the best of them).

which will make me 200-500$ per month

Not to piss on your parade, but if you think you will just whack up a adult site on a free platform and make that sort of money straight off the bat, I have some bad news for you.

I'm not saying you can't make some coin from adult, but your basic plan is way (waaaaaaaay) off base.

Last edited:
Honestly, you're fastest and surest bet would be to become an employee with an hourly wage or annual salary.

At 20 years old, you can look at it in two ways:
1) You've got time to experiment and learn
2) Start your end game now well ahead of the curve

As someone in their 30's, I regret using my 20's doing MFA's, EMD's, and other three letter wastes of time. PTC and MLM I'm sure come to mind for you.

Had I started my big authority site ten years ago and not compromised it with spam, I'd be a multi-millionaire right now, possibly and 8-figure king. Instead of I was running Scrapebox 24/7 and buying links from people.

Don't lose the golden years to something that's just a means to the end. But then again, strike while the iron is hot.

Great points, thank you.
About the job, I think you are completely right, but won't do it yet. Also I live in a small country and in the countryside, so it's not actually that easy to get a job. Will give this 3 months time.

Yeah, agree also on working on long term shit, but for me this project isn't a ticket to make millions, I'm going to use this journey to destroy a pain point in my life. And to do that 500$ per month is enough as I will be making the average wage. Then once the pain is eliminated I will work on long term strategy.

what type of ad network pays for adult? Do you mean affiliate network.

I'm going to use Plugrush. Also plan on using Hubtraffic, and Crakrevenue.

Albert Einstein: "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

That's a wonderful quote, by a wonderful persona.
Thanks for the advice CCarter.

@learningcurve

Firstly, have been reading your journey loved it.

Thanks for the warnings, but I will still continue.

Lots of adult platforms don't have Net 30. Juicyads being one of them (if not the best of them).

What I was actually implying is that adult networks had faster payouts. I will be using plugrush.

Not to piss on your parade, but if you think you will just whack up a adult site on a free platform and make that sort of money straight off the bat, I have some bad news for you.

Yeah, my head is telling me that making more thank 100$ per month will be hard, but this time will be following my gut, and stop analyzing, as I have done that enough already.
I better fail miserably at this, than spend another week working on a different project, too much jumping around has been done already. Have decided that I will take action, even if that means failing.

Plugrush is a good platform. I have tested with them and I like them, but you will need to drive bulk (and I mean incredible hulk bulk) to make the sort of money you are after. That would be the same with any adult advertising platform. Crakrevenue is also good - the big difference between them and PR and JA is that you need the person to not only click through, but to convert as well, and that doesn't happen as often as you think it may.

I can't really tell you not to do it, simply because I have been so pig headed in my own persuit, but I had to create something bigger and more substantial to make enough money that put me back into the black.

If anything, I think you need to work even harder to brand yourself and create something that people will share and come back to with adult.

You seem set on what you will do though... good luck.

Greetings everyone!
I am so happy to find a forum full with usable real world advice .
I have been building WordPress and web application in Codeigniter and Laravel for 5+ years for clients
and now i want to build my own revenue producing sites and apps.

Right now i am building a WP plugin that transforms a simple WP blog into membership saas app and trying to start an amazone aff. website.

Looking forward to sharing my progress here and learning from all of you, hopefully I can contribute with some useful advice here and there. :smile:

it's good to know am not the only non native english speaker here :smile:

What's your experience with trying to build fb page up and use it as traffic generator today apparently fb organic reach is around 2% now.

Wait .. another German?

Welcome.

::emp::

no am from Serbia, German is my third language.

Just started learning German a month ago, i just meant to say am glad there are more people with bad English grammar skills :smile:

Nice! Laravel is something I'm interested in but I've still not had a reason to use it. I'm just far too deep in content sites, and CMS's get the job done for me.

I'd love to follow along your adventure on either the SaaS Plugin or the Amazon Affiliate site, if only we could convince you to journal your journey in the Laboratory section!

Welcome aboard!

@Stephen @emp Thanks, although I'm not that new to BUSO :wink:

@LazyCloud I don't use FB as a primary traffic source anymore. Those days are gone.
Nowadays it's just complementary to my sites. Overall you shouldn't rely on one traffic source. I had to learn it the hard way.
Posting quality content will increase the engagement, thus get you a higher organic reach. But in the end FB wants you to pay to advertise...

I am a bartender.
I also enjoy writing.
I am tired of only being a bartender.
I want to live in different countries and work on actual projects.
I went and put $100 on a card and decided it's time to be more than what I was always up to.
My drinking money now goes to projects. This will be my intro and my chronicles.
First, I will learn how to niche research properly, pick three topics, build my website and start creating content and promoting.

I am going to buy a VPS, Serpwoo, and after research is done a domain and template.

Welcome to the forum!

You should start up a thread in the Lab section to chronicle your journey, you'll get a lot of help from everyone here, especially when they see that you're putting in the work.

Back