Introducing Builder Society Dark Mode - Available Now!

The Engineer

Aegis Jaeger
Administrator
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
A number of people took the time to ask for this or mention it over the past year, and now it's finally here: Builder Society - Dark Mode

lDPs76p.png

Left: Original Light Mode - Right: New Dark Mode

I know a lot of you guys read and post to BuSo on mobile and tablet from the bed or couch in the evenings, and many of us are night owls on our desktop computers, burning our retinas out with the white backgrounds. No more!

By the time you read this, I'll have launched Dark Mode officially.

To toggle it on and off, you only have to click the mouse button once, and you have three places you can choose from:

1)
tVjJuqL.jpg

On desktop / tablet view,
you'll find the new light switch
in the top right near the search icon

2)
krxsmTF.png

On desktop / tablet / mobile view,
you'll also find the light switch
in the bottom left of the footer

3)
4yOs06x.png

On mobile view in the off-canvas hamburger menu,
you'll find a link & lightbulb icon
to toggle the light switch​

This is a new feature and while I've tried to take care to cover every little design element, maybe you run into something that looks funky. If you do find something, please take a moment to screen shot it and post it in this thread or shoot me a private message with it, and I'll fix it faster than Google or Elon Musk destroys our income.

Remember, it's a one button click, so you can use the original Light Mode during the day and Night Mode at night. Toggle away at your own convenience, don't feel stuck with one or the other.

Another feature some of you new guys may have missed from the past is in the footer next to the Light Switch, called "Change Width". On desktop or a wide tablet, you may enjoy using that. It unlocks the boxed container and lets it flow to 100% width.

Thanks everyone for using, supporting, and finding value in Builder Society.

If you find this Dark Mode to be useful and want to support the forum, consider picking up a BuSo Pro badge. It keeps the lights on and gives me one guilt-free trip to Taco Bell.

Other ways to support BuSo are to share the forum with your other internet marketing buddies, use the Marketplace vendors for any needs you have that they can fulfill, and most importantly of all, join the conversation! We all rise together by sharing, teaching, and learning with one another.

Thanks again,
The Engineer

I'm enjoying the new dark mode. I don't like using the OS system based settings since most sites don't sync into that, and when things do have the option it's such a pain to turn it on and off I choose one and stick with it. The one-click switch is nice and makes it easy to actually go back and forth. I'm rocking dark mode now and will pop back over to light mode in the morning. Pretty sweet.

Dark mode is nice. However, I prefer the white mode because it immediately remind me im on BUSO. A signature color.

Agree the one click switch = underrated idea you had there. Excellence in detail.

Loving the dark mode guys!

Back