Interesting article about google and the "battle" for seo PR

Google has succeeded in shifting the focus of the SEO industry away from short-sighted SEO tactics and toward creating the best user experience with “high-quality content,” which, of course, benefits Google.

LOL, there are a ton of blackhats that would laugh at this article. Have you heard of SERP Shaker? Dudes are killing it with duplicate content and running Adsense all day and night based off locations and doing numbers - $$$ to $$$$ daily. At BlackHat.Community they've got weekly webinar teaching people how easily it is still to use these new BH tools and still raping the SERPs... This is a fluff propaganda piece. Just Google SERP Shaker and watch some videos and you'll see it's so easy to game Google it's child's play now.

The best part about "SEO is dead", is the fact that people with a low capacity for competition feel vindicated and further supported in remaining lackluster. In point and fact, they were never "in the game", and never actual competition for anyone except themselves. Maybe I'm a jerk for being entertained by it, or maybe it's simply a matter of satisfaction in the true nature and order of things being maintained. Persistence and Perseverance.

LOL, there are a ton of blackhats that would laugh at this article. Have you heard of SERP Shaker? Dudes are killing it with duplicate content and running Adsense all day and night based off locations and doing numbers - $$$ to $$$$ daily. At BlackHat.Community they've got weekly webinar teaching people how easily it is still to use these new BH tools and still raping the SERPs... This is a fluff propaganda piece. Just Google SERP Shaker and watch some videos and you'll see it's so easy to game Google it's child's play now.

I kinda noticed something like this with my sites, Like i would copy paste shit, it would do well on reddit get links and shares and yet I would get more organic traffic than I ever did writing my own articles

I kinda noticed something like this with my sites, Like i would copy paste shit, it would do well on reddit get links and shares and yet I would get more organic traffic than I ever did writing my own articles

That's because of the links and the shares though. You could just safeguard yourself by rewriting these short little posts. But content syndication isn't illegal in Google's eyes at all. The original isn't guaranteed to be the one that ranks either.

I've seen other tricks with complete copy & paste content where someone would add a 50-100 word introduction paragraph as a summary or personal opinion on the piece. That's enough to make it "unique" if that's what you're looking for.

The only time you'd want to do this en masse is when the time it takes to re-write or pay someone to do it isn't worth the organic traffic you'd be forfeiting. No, you don't forfeit it in the short run at all, but in the long run you're going to bump heads with Google's "Farmer" filter, which deflates sites that do this or produce lots of low quality content (unless you're owned by Demand Media, it seems...)

Here's another trick. Don't even have content. Have the entire post as a text image, then include 50-100 words at top or bottom or not at all. Just let it be an image post. Now it's unique. And yes, it ranks.

That's because of the links and the shares though. You could just safeguard yourself by rewriting these short little posts. But content syndication isn't illegal in Google's eyes at all. The original isn't guaranteed to be the one that ranks either.

I've seen other tricks with complete copy & paste content where someone would add a 50-100 word introduction paragraph as a summary or personal opinion on the piece. That's enough to make it "unique" if that's what you're looking for.

The only time you'd want to do this en masse is when the time it takes to re-write or pay someone to do it isn't worth the organic traffic you'd be forfeiting. No, you don't forfeit it in the short run at all, but in the long run you're going to bump heads with Google's "Farmer" filter, which deflates sites that do this or produce lots of low quality content (unless you're owned by Demand Media, it seems...)

Here's another trick. Don't even have content. Have the entire post as a text image, then include 50-100 words at top or bottom or not at all. Just let it be an image post. Now it's unique. And yes, it ranks.

God I'm so confused now, all this info I have no fucking idea where to start when it comes to seo

God I'm so confused now, all this info I have no fucking idea where to start when it comes to seo

Put your keyword in:
  • Title
  • H1 (automatically filled from Title on 99.9% of themes)
  • H2
  • Use a picture and put it in the alt="keyword" tag
  • Use it once, twice, or a few times in the content, depending on the length. Longer the better.
  • Enhance it with more pics, a video or two, a list or two, etc.
Boom. You're done with on-page SEO. The rest is just tricks and fun stuff to talk about that will become increasingly less effective over time. Do the above and you've done 99% of all you can power-wise, and beat everyone who doesn't know SEO and most of the people who claim to.

For off-page SEO, just do what you're doing. Promote your stuff and attract links and social shares. This is far more affective than running around building links, because it gets you links you couldn't get otherwise and it keeps you producing content.

SEO is super simple. Anyone who says otherwise is trying to sell you something.

SEO is super simple. Anyone who says otherwise is trying to sell you something.

dErV3Ew.gif

Ryuzaki on the freakin money. It is easy to overthink, but honestly, those few bullet points are mostly all that matters most of the time. What's far more important is building consistency with those, building frequency, then scaling it.

Hi @CCarter I have a question about serpshaker. Heard it the first time from your post above and now I'm the proud owner of a copy! Thanks for that!

Anyway, my main business is insurance (i'm a life insurance agent IRL) and IM is just a way to supplement my income. When I saw this plugin being demo'ed i thought wow this is perfect.

I have a website already that I fill to the brim with good content. I write it all myself, test it with PPC to see if people are interested enough to stay on there, and sure enough, they do. So I get conversions and it helps my business.

But serpshaker seems like filler doorway page content, and I really don't want the posts to appear in my recent posts in wordpress.. What would you suggest? I want to set up a whole section that targets [city name] + [city sections].

Should I have a subdomain for the [city name] and funnel visitors to the landing page?

Sorry OP @MixMaster don't mean to derail this thread

Hi @CCarter I have a question about serpshaker. Heard it the first time from your post above and now I'm the proud owner of a copy! Thanks for that!

Anyway, my main business is insurance (i'm a life insurance agent IRL) and IM is just a way to supplement my income. When I saw this plugin being demo'ed i thought wow this is perfect.

I have a website already that I fill to the brim with good content. I write it all myself, test it with PPC to see if people are interested enough to stay on there, and sure enough, they do. So I get conversions and it helps my business.

But serpshaker seems like filler doorway page content, and I really don't want the posts to appear in my recent posts in wordpress.. What would you suggest? I want to set up a whole section that targets [city name] + [city sections].

Should I have a subdomain for the [city name] and funnel visitors to the landing page?

Sorry OP @MixMaster don't mean to derail this thread

Set up a sub domain and run it from there, also check this out.

And thats all I know about serp shaker

@Krass I wouldn't use SERP Shaker on any properties I value. It's blackhat and works off of supplemental content results. I would setup a separate domain and utilize it there, and test it out on dummy websites over and over, until you've mastered it and have seen the effects first hand of what it does.

NEVER use unknown software on a property you value until you've seen it work in action for weeks, months on end. I would assume you realize from an SEO perspective it's mostly duplicate content and 'bottom of the barrier' exploits of the search engines. People make money, lots of money with it, but if you don't know what you are doing, don't implement it or point it towards a site you value, with anything.

I also talk about GSA SER and Xrumer, but if you don't realize how these softwares work and just point them to your site - you'll tank your site. And you have to understand the strategies behind these softwares and black/gray hats who use them. They put up weak BS sites cause to them they know that eventually everything will get slapped at some point - and they know the risks, cause it's a part of THEIR game.

Back