Indexing issues with Bing/Yahoo

NSG

Degree
Has anyone had their site drop out of the index in Bing/Yahoo? It was indexed just fine and receiving traffic and all of a sudden it dropped off to nothing. I've looked through their guidance and can't find anything that would be in violation. None of their tools show any malware, copyright strikes or anything else that would indicate a penalty. I did reach out to their support (results seemed mixed from others online), and also adopted their "IndexNow" through Cloudflare, so hoping that helps.

Everything is indexed and running smoothly on Google (new articles index in a couple of hours and no errors in GSC).

Same here, I contacted their support and haven't heard from them.

Jep, I have this issue too.

One of my sites dropped completely out of their Bing/Yahoo index at the 18th of May, while on Google it's still kicking and alive.

I don't really bother with them though, I was only receiving little traffic from them (40-50 clicks per day) but it's weird for sure indeed!

Yup, my site has been deindexed by them since December.
The webmaster tools say it's a malware issue.
Their support says it's a guidelines issue.
Nobody will give me specifics, and they only respond to emails ~1/3 of the time.

Mostly gave up, but I still shoot them a new email every 3 months to ask again.

Thanks all, it sounds like there isn't anything else to try. I wasn't getting much traffic from them either, but it was strange. If I hear anything back from support that's useful, I'll update this thread.

Yeah. 2 out of my 10 sites dropped too.
Did your site have any kind of programmatic or automated content or poor design? I think they are dropping sites which has x% of content thin content or poor design.

Yeah. 2 out of my 10 sites dropped too.
Did your site have any kind of programmatic or automated content or poor design? I think they are dropping sites which has x% of content thin content or poor design.

No automated content, all unique with lots of images. I would say 80% of my content has 1200 - 2000 words and 5 or more images per post. As far as design, I'm using a free WordPress theme with minimal plugins. Ads slow down the site, but I pass core web vitals in google.

I've seen some theories online about having too many ads and a weak backlink profile. I'm really not ruling anything out at this point (traffic, backlinks, content, technical stuff - all of which could be improved).

I haven't heard back from support yet, but I'm not expecting much, if anything, from them.

Are those unique images without any replica on internet? Do pages look professional and sleek ?

I don’t think weak backlink profile is a major factor. One of my site had almost 100 HARO/authority type link or media coverage. But some of the content were programmatic though it fulfilled user intention.

The images are 99% unique. I use a few creative commons pictures that are fitting to the articles, but they are always coupled with unique images. It's a free WordPress theme, so I wouldn't call it top of the line, but it's not unprofessional.

My site returned on Bing/Yahoo I just noticed. I did not do anything specific for this, it returned by itself.

2VSoIq7.png

Well, mine returned after contacting them and waiting for about 2 months.

Screenshot-20220919-123954.png

Well, mine returned after contacting them and waiting for about 2 months.
I got same reply from them! After 2-3 weeks I still have 0 results on Bing. Tried to contact them again it's like Bing support doesn't exist :smile:

So if I understand right after you get email it took 2 months to get back to Bing?

I got same reply from them! After 2-3 weeks I still have 0 results on Bing. Tried to contact them again it's like Bing support doesn't exist :smile:

So if I understand right after you get email it took 2 months to get back to Bing?
No, it was indexed right after I got this email.

Same here. I used to get a decent amount of traffic from Bing, but now the traffic is constantly declining and new articles are not getting indexed.

After almost exactly a year, it looks like Bing has reindexed my site

I’m not sure if it was patience or the flood of emails I’ve sent their support team. They stopped responding to me about 2 months ago, so I only discovered the re-indexing when I accidentally clicked the wrong bookmark in my bookmark bar.

Happened to me, they suck. I contacted support and they said 10 days.

its been a month. Good news is traffic is slowly coming back

Bing did this to me a few months back. Traffic from Bing tanked to zero quite randomly. Contacted support, and they checked for weeks and said there's no issue on their end. That this was because my site hasn't accrued enough ranking signals.

Out of the blue, I got a mail a few days back saying they've fixed the issue. Traffic came back immediately. When Bing fixed the problem, I got back duckduckgo and yahoo search traffic as well.

Out of the blue about a week ago, Bing decided to re-index my site. No clue why. Glad to see some others got their traffic back as well.

Back