Indexed page (no traffic no impressions)

Degree
We recently moved multiple posts from a high DR domain to a new domain that was launched in August 2022.
Some of these posts performed very well on the high DR domain with lots of impressions and clicks.
We moved these posts because the topic doesn't fit very well with the high DR domain.
Since we moved some of these posts (with a 301 redirect) to our new domain they get 0 impressions.
We anticipated lower traffic but not that some of the posts would get 0 impressions.
Can anyone advice us how we could fix this?

A 301 redirect is always a risk, unfortunately. I don't think the posts are doomed or anything. It's possible that, because we're in a time of upheaval with so many updates and new types of updates that it'll take time for it to all get processed. Google always seems to slow down crawling, indexing, and recalculations during these times. Perhaps that's to cause less disruptions so they can get a clearer read on the results of the changes they're making.

Things to check:
  • Are these posts indexed on the new domain yet?
  • If you search the new URLs or even the titles in quotes (a better test), is Google still showing the old domain's pages?
It's possible that they're still getting impressions and even clicks, but to the old domain. Google likes to decide for us, and if they decide you'll get a better click through rating in the SERPs by showing the old domain, that's what they'll do. That should register in your analytics, but not in search console for the new site.

Hi Ryuzaki,

The posts on the new domain are indexed.
And if I search the titles in quotes Google shows the page on the new domain.
Unfortunately we're getting 0 impressions on these posts (both on the old domain and the new domain).
Should we give it more time or should we move the articles back to the old domain?

I'm having the same issues for my newest site - which is around 2.5 months old. I have published 110 articles, all are indexed, but none of them rank in the top 100 for any keywords.

After a few conversations with some other SEOs, it seems that Google is holding up newer sites that are publishing larger amounts of content. Who knows how long this lasts but seems to be a newer thing over the past 5-6 months. It seems that smaller sites are bypassing this type of filtering from Google.

Of course this is speculation but hearing the same thing for a lot of newer site owners. My plan is to continue publishing (just at a lower intensity for now).

I'm having the same issues for my newest site - which is around 2.5 months old. I have published 110 articles, all are indexed, but none of them rank in the top 100 for any keywords.

After a few conversations with some other SEOs, it seems that Google is holding up newer sites that are publishing larger amounts of content. Who knows how long this lasts but seems to be a newer thing over the past 5-6 months. It seems that smaller sites are bypassing this type of filtering from Google.

Of course this is speculation but hearing the same thing for a lot of newer site owners. My plan is to continue publishing (just at a lower intensity for now).
Sounds like a semi-solution for the AI spam websites. When you think about it, no "normal" person would publish over 1 new post per. day.

Back