I'm getting a crazy tons of no-follow backlinks on a 3 days old site, should I worry about it?

Degree
I've been working on my last project for a few days. I just uploaded two big pieces of content of 2k and 3k words and I've been doing some marketing.

After dropping a few blog comments, I found what looked like a legit blog DR: 25, UR: 18, low traffic and 10 referring domains to them (I look at this data on the free backlink checker of Ahrefs).
So I posted a comment with the url of my website, and the problem is that I've been getting a shitload of no-follow backlinks, right now I have 500 backlinks just from them and going up. I checked the blog again, and looks like latest comments are updated through all the website on a side bar, that's probably why I'm getting backlinks from almost every page on the site.

I'm freaking out a bit, I've been working only on the design for almost a week, to make it look as a big brand as possible. The website is 3 days old only, and somehow the first day I got a weird link from a PBN that looked really shady.
I'm a starter so I don't really know if this is good or bad. I'm making a disavow list just in case.

Do you think that I should worry about it?, or It's fine

No I don't think you should worry about it.
However if it's really concerning you, just create X more comments on the site, where X = number of comments shown in the latest comments sidebar, pushing your previous comment (with the link) out of the block.

Certainly don't start a new site with a disavow file

The links are nofollow already. Placing them in a disavow file tells Google that you don't want the links to count, and to make that the case Google marks them as nofollow in their records the next time they crawl the links. The point being, to make them not count, Google marks them as nofollow. They're already nofollow. Google's advice is that you don't need to disavow nofollow links (because they're essentially already disavowed).

I think you're fine, truly. You don't have to worry about it. As soon as your site hits Alexa you'll be getting "Alexa tracker" nofollows, which will become "keyword research site" nofollows. And as soon as you start to rank you'll get "image scraper" nofollows too. If you get a Wikipedia link you'll get a ton of "wiki clone" ones too. It'll never end. Google knows to ignore them, even when they're dofollow.

The kind of thing I would worry about is when sites copy your articles manually including your internal links. I'd disavow those. I'd disavow automated Web 2.0's that link to you and your images. I've seen and recovered a site for someone that got penalized just for links to their images (like to the URL.jpg, directly to the image). But even then you only have to worry if it's in bulk.

Happened to a site of mine too. Really doesn't effect much.

Came from bots spamming the forum.

I dont like it thought. Definitely do not.

Thanks guys :smile:. This eases my mind.

So I'll keep working on it. I even had a hard time falling asleep just thinking about it haha.

Back