If You're New, You Can Save Time By Reading This

Degree
I'm not much of a writer but thought this could be helpful for you and for myself. I want to start this off by asking you a simple question. What are you spending your time on? While your thinking about it I want to talk about what I've been spending my time on. It goes in this order; Traffic Leaks and Increasing The Quality of My Website (I just working on one website).

TRAFFIC LEAKS
To be honest, I'm not getting 1,000+ visitors. It is actually a very small amount of visitors; however, What I am getting is EXPERIENCE which is priceless. I'm gaining a better understanding of what my target audience wants and what they don't want. Each time I write (aka rewrite), comment on a blog or post on a forum I'm looking for what I think makes it GOOD or BAD based on a number of different fractures. I'm new in engaging and marketing so I'm not expecting to break through instantly but when I do. I know it is because of the hard work.

I'm not in the CC9 but I have been reading and practices what is shared there. For example, I just got done with my 100 Compelling Titles list for my niche. It has been I opening. making the list has been extremely helpful. For example, read the title for this post again, "If You're New, You Can Save Time By Reading This." It is meant to get your attention and build your curiosity and if your still reading this I'm guessing it worked. Back to what I've been working on... So I know just because I have my 100 Compelling Titles, it doesn't mean I'm done. Now I have to finish my list of 100 platforms to traffic leak. I have about 50 websites on my list so now my time will be spent on finish that.

My final tip on Traffic leaks, "JUST START!" Eventually it will begin to make sense and be able to get your target visitors attention.

Increasing The Quality of My Website
This section will be short... Mainly because I'm getting tired of writing but also because this isn't my main focus. I'm still spending time on it but I want to get better at traffic leaks and getting my target audience's attention. What I've been doing to increase the quality is by going through @CCarter article, On-Site Crash Course - Big Brand Refresher. My website is coded and designed from scratch with no Wordpress no CMS (I kinda wanted to do CMS but knew I could do without it). On a side note: My website speed is above average and looks good. Anyways... back to the quality. One of the coolest achievement that I was able to do was adding a PHP search engine to my website, which might not sound like much but in the thought of improving the quality to the visitors I knew I needed it.

My final tip on Increasing The Quality of My Website, "Don't over think it." Before adding or improving a spot on your website think about the visitors. If it doesn't increase the visitor's experience or your goal don't do it.

And Finally...
Have you been thinking about my original question, "What are you spending your time on?" You know what I've been spending my time on. Are you spending your time wisely or just wasting it? Start with a goal and do it. My Goal is to get 1,000 visitors a day to my website. Not focusing on the money just the visitors. After I hit this goal, I'll start another one.

@bobschmuck about reaching the 1000+ visitors be like Mosses and part the oceans.....not literally though bu write some content that will make some love you and some hate you then start leaking it, soon you will learn to love your haters, as these are good at posting negative comments with a link to your site and even better yet your haters will get your lovvers more engaged and they will start defending you.

Once you've created the content it is time to create the headlines for that think about what would make you click a link,buy anewspaper or crank up the volume on the news. A small hint if you are stuck is to take a piece of the content and take it out of it's original context if. Exampel: if you are writing a story about your 5 years od son's bithday and it is in the summer time and he and his friends were playing outside with waterguns your headline may read something like this : "Masacre: 5 year old shoot's friends".

I know the above exampel may be a little extreme and offensive at least to some, but how many people do you think would click and read, if you write your content the right way you'll even build it up till the end were they find out that it's not as macaber as they thought.

Thanks for sharing, your title did grab me too.

Let me ask, do you record your traffic leak activities in some written format to analyze your performance later or just go by feel?

Thanks for sharing, your title did grab me too.

Let me ask, do you record your traffic leak activities in some written format to analyze your performance later or just go by feel?

At the moment, I go by feel in away. Seeing that my current goal is to just get the visitors. After a traffic leak, if visitors increase the leak is successful. If it gains traffic, It stays on my list. If it doesn't gain traffic, I'll review the leak to see if it was my fault or if it was a bad source to leak.

Back