- Feb 16, 2017
Grab a medium size influencer from your country or city and see if they want to collaborate on that.
I cant wrap my head around why News Blogs would sell. All the content would be dried out and old news by closing time, right? Other than having a big email list or socials, why would someone buy a property with old news articles?News Blog: These sell for big bucks. The only billionaire i met in life was buying these, pimping them out to max profits, millking them dry then selling them off after Google made their massive changes..... but now he owns the 'instacart' app among other things and is an angel investor.
I cant wrap my head around why News Blogs would sell. All the content would be dried out and old news by closing time, right? Other than having a big email list or socials, why would someone buy a property with old news articles?
any advice on how to find those peeps willing to pay $50 a pop for a post? i used to own a site like this and most of the brands I spoke to either had huge ad budgets and wouldn't play ball or no budgets. still ended up with a decently nice outcome on the site but I'm very curiousOof... where do ALL PRODUCTS pretty much get their best publicity? Where do social media acts become stars today? And who makes all the money?
The souce of all this = the news.
So many fortune 500 companies are in the pockets of sites like CNN to stay relevant it would blow the average man's mind.
a great article to read:
So.............................. with that said. Let me break it down how a news site can profit:
1) feed the 'vanity' people have today. Publish content of upcoming media stars & artists for a 'price per post'. A popular site will get offers daily. A site like WorldStarHipHop, back when i was cool with the owner Q, was getting $600-$5k a post.......... just becase people wanted to be seen. A small site can easily get $50 a post. $50 a post, 2 a week... turns into $400+ a month... pay a nice car note ..... if you reach $400, you're doing something right.. SCALE UP!
- Make the social media profile popular of your site, people will pay for posts here too
2) Commission links. You can always put commission links in articles and/or ads to product relevant content
3) Sell backlinks in Content on forums like BuSO. For a quality link people pay $50 to $1000 , depending on size and power of site. I have a friend, who's selling links for $350 each.
4) People love buying indie product today. If your sites popular. Make a few product to sell and take full advantage of your brand.
5) I dont like the mundane but CPC ads and stuff.... blah.. bore me.. but i'm sure some people still use them . Just google views your stie a little 'dirtier' with these on your site.. and there's so maany better options
THE KEY: Figure out how to profit more than you're paying writers. Manage the business. Fuck doing the work yourself unless you want to. There's people who are REALLY PASSIONATE about writing. Pay them as best you can. Get the site's process tightened up and automatic pretty much tow here you don't have to do much work.
Now, open site #2. Repeat process.
It's the same as flipping houses almost. And you'll have a clientele book of people you can help......... ALWAYS STAY LOYAL to your paying promoters/advertisers and really help them become stars. 1 of every so many will make a great long-term client because you helped make them money. People who like money, don't forget the feeling of making money.........and who helped them get that feeling..
Old fashioned route.any advice on how to find those peeps willing to pay $50 a pop for a post? i used to own a site like this and most of the brands I spoke to either had huge ad budgets and wouldn't play ball or no budgets. still ended up with a decently nice outcome on the site but I'm very curious