[Idea] No index already posted content

Nat

Degree
I have a new site, I'm looking to start bringing in traffic as soon as possible because I want to start trying 'traffic leaking' techniques. However, I don't have the time to write 100 articles and look super 'established.'

What are your thoughts on adding (or scraping) content from other locations and making those posts (or pages) no-index. Currently I'm not getting any traffic from Google, but it would be stupid to ignore future benefits of SEO. I don't want search engines to see my site as full of unoriginal content, but I also don't want visitors to arrive on my site and see 5 blog posts and 5 pages.

Thoughts?

P.S. I don't have the budget to buy 100 articles from a content writer.

I think that you are operating from a lot of assumptions that may or may not be true. Some questions to consider:

Do you need 100+ articles to be established? Yes or no? My vote is "No."

A lot of the value of so-called traffic leaking (dislike this phrase) is that people will see your backlog of content. It's happened many times, from YouTube creators with their first viral hit to bloggers with small-medium audiences that have an extremely popular piece. In the former case, it took this YouTuber from relatively no audience to a massive audience, which she's since used to spin out a makeup company. In the latter, just scales out the author's audience for more impressions (cpm ads), conversion opportunities, etc.

That being said, would you rather get a lot of traffic that flows through to bad, non value-add content? Or would you rather have 5-10 articles (whatever your time allows you to create) that are as high value as possible, to maximize capture of that short-term boost in audience?

If you don't have the budget to buy content from a writer, do you have the time budget to write these articles? I'm a firm believer in quality over quantity in content. I'd much rather create better content slower, because in almost every case the compound returns on that strategy dwarf creating worse content quicker, especially these days.

In short - I think it's fine to have 5 great articles and 5 pages on your site. No one cares if they are getting value.

I believe the OP is confusing traffic leaking methods and the big brand checklist. One is for immediately traffic the other is a strategy for long-term SEO traffic. More immediately traffic MAY have a viral aspect to it, so they might only see one page and bounce - depending on the platform.

If you are looking for big successes in generating lots of traffic the end website doesn't matter. Literally nothing matters regarding on-site, traffic leaking is about the platform you are taking the traffic from, not the end website. You can traffic leak to a one page lander with a simple sign up form...

Back