I was a multi-millionaire by 27—here’s what I learned

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
I was a multi-millionaire by 27—here’s what I learned

summary note: This is a great read i found on CNBC. A 'guide' for the young and new about to run into business for self for all the wrong reasons. Great food for thought.

Excerpt:
In the early 2000s, I was an early employee at a Silicon Valley technology company that designs and markets cutting-edge computer processing chips. When I started, there were a few dozen other people. When I left, there were thousands. I was a computer processor engineer, architect, and manager. The company is now one of the largest and most successful in the world.

I made some number of million dollars. I never really figured out exactly how much it was. I think it might have been around $5 million. I know that my adjusted gross income in at least one year was about $1.5 million. I was making at least $500,000 per year.

Luxury is an addictive drug

The frugal blogger Mr. Money Mustache tells us that luxury is weakness. Luxury is an addictive drug. Until we understand this, it has the power to ruin our lives.

I remember driving my brand new luxury sports car and noticing that my identity was becoming tied up with the car. I realized that this super-expensive car would wear out and then I would need to buy another one. To keep my identity, I would need to keep generating a lot of money. It was like having a drug habit. The car didn’t make me feel that good, but the idea of not having the car felt lame. So I realized that I would need to keep having that fix to feel normal.

read the full stroy:
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/28/i-was-a-multi-millionaire-by-27-heres-what-i-learned.html

Eh, I don't know man. Not a fan of these clickbaity articles.
  • Being wealthy is difficult
  • Being poor is difficult
  • Being middle class is difficult
Everyone's got problems.

But only the wealthy have the freedom to choose to be free. That's the whole concept of FU Money, right? Freedom to do what you want.

Eh, I don't know man. Not a fan of these clickbaity articles.
  • Being wealthy is difficult
  • Being poor is difficult
  • Being middle class is difficult
Everyone's got problems.

But only the wealthy have the freedom to choose to be free. That's the whole concept of FU Money, right? Freedom to do what you want.

"I've been a rich man. I've been a poor man. I choose rich every f--kin time!"

Poor mentality, poor bank account... how it goes for the majority to me..............

"Only Money makes real change." I agree with Don Pena.

Unicorns exist in Hypothetical worlds but ... as a favorite rap song of mine from Nipsey Hussle says:
"I dont know about hell / I dont know about heaven / All i know about is right now, and this lifestyle's interesting"

I like when people share their wisdom from an elevated view. Schools' do not teach this.

Back