I tried the Rank & Rent Method. I failed. What about you?

Degree
I have planned an website for rank & rent. I build up the website and wrote content, set up forms and tested it, did on-page, off-page, and also setup the Facebook & Twitter page. Few months later I started getting leads through contact forms. I didn't pushed any content on social media. All leads I'm getting are organic.

Coming to the renting part:

I tried contact other competitor who were ranked below my website through their contact forms, did direct mails, contacted through their Facebook page but didn't got success and also screen record for the leads email, Google search console for the ranking proof through Loom video but, nothing worked. Now there is 5 more months for the domain to expire. I have no idea how to make them believe. Any one here who got success in rank & rent method? What else you did it different?

You could potentially find a lead generation network that has companies in this niche that are buying leads. So basically you'd just replace the phone number on your site with theirs and/or make your contact form either be replaced with theirs or that it CC's the email leads to them, too.

Sometimes they'll pay you for every quality lead and sometimes they only pay you for converting leads. How that gets measured is easier in pay-per-call and is going to require the honor system for email leads.

Ideally, you should have had the monetization secured before you even built the site. Because now you're in a position where you're leaving money on the table trying to tie it all together.

Are you trying to rent it out to companies in the USA? Because if your messaging has as many grammatical errors as your post, they probably are writing you off as a scammer. If you fix the grammar issues, and you still get no response, CALL THEM ON THE PHONE and offer them FREE LEADS so they can see the quality. Let them see how good your leads are first, for a week or two, then come back and work out a paid arrangement.

@ravikumar11

If you want to PM me the message you're sending to companies when you reach out to them, I would be happy to touch it up for you, if needed.

Don't show them search console. Few people will know what you are talking about. Speak their language, not yours.

Show them 5 of your best leads.
Give them the leads for free for a month.
Any calls forwarded, have a lead in message saying "This lead is supplied by ravikumar11 *beep*".

Then when it comes time to sell the service, make it easy AF. Credit card subscription that bills them monthly until they cancel.

Actually one of the ballsiest sales I made was putting the person's profile pic, name, business name, contact details, etc on the site.

Then I rang them and asked them to search for "obvious high value keyword in your city". "Ok now click on the first result, do you like being #1? That was easy, wasn't it?"

I'm guessing there's a good chance some people are freaked out by it, but it all went well and I got paid instead.

You can also try:

I inherited this business/have had this business for a while and I am moving on from it (i.e looking to retire) and I am still getting leads. If you google "bla bla bla" you will see I am ranking #1. Instead of doing the work myself, I am happy to send the leads over to you...

Are you trying to rent it out to companies in the USA? Because if your messaging has as many grammatical errors as your post, they probably are writing you off as a scammer. If you fix the grammar issues, and you still get no response, CALL THEM ON THE PHONE and offer them FREE LEADS so they can see the quality. Let them see how good your leads are first, for a week or two, then come back and work out a paid arrangement.
Yes, neither English my native/first language, and nor I'm good at it.

Yes, I tried to give them free leads for 1 month and if the leads get converted and they see good revenue generated from it then we might talk further. But, seems no business owner really interested in the deal.

Coming to the calling part, my country doesn't really allow international calling and it's also not affordable for me to buy credits for dialing international calls. So, I tried with only direct emailing, their contact forms, Facebook, and Loom video. I tracked those emails too but hardly 1 or 2 opened out of around 20.

You could potentially find a lead generation network that has companies in this niche that are buying leads. So basically you'd just replace the phone number on your site with theirs and/or make your contact form either be replaced with theirs or that it CC's the email leads to them, too.

Sometimes they'll pay you for every quality lead and sometimes they only pay you for converting leads. How that gets measured is easier in pay-per-call and is going to require the honor system for email leads.

Ideally, you should have had the monetization secured before you even built the site. Because now you're in a position where you're leaving money on the table trying to tie it all together.
Yes, it was the plan. Once I settle up with one business owner. I thought to put their phone number, address of the business, and their business equipment image, tools they use, office photo, and team photo too and get verified for GMB too. But no luck till.

You can also try:

I inherited this business/have had this business for a while and I am moving on from it (i.e looking to retire) and I am still getting leads. If you google "bla bla bla" you will see I am ranking #1. Instead of doing the work myself, I am happy to send the leads over to you...
I will try this too. Thanks

Don't show them search console. Few people will know what you are talking about. Speak their language, not yours.

Any calls forwarded, have a lead in message saying "This lead is supplied by ravikumar11 *beep*".

Then when it comes time to sell the service, make it easy AF. Credit card subscription that bills them monthly until they cancel.

Actually one of the ballsiest sales I made was putting the person's profile pic, name, business name, contact details, etc on the site.

Then I rang them and asked them to search for "obvious high value keyword in your city". "Ok now click on the first result, do you like being #1? That was easy, wasn't it?"

I'm guessing there's a good chance some people are freaked out by it, but it all went well and I got paid instead.
Does the law allow it? Using other business names, profile pic, names to use on our site without their consent?

@ravikumar11

If you want to PM me the message you're sending to companies when you reach out to them, I would be happy to touch it up for you, if needed.
It would be really great. But, I can't see your profile and that means I can't even message you till I post 3 content and get 3 likes overall.

I tried that. I got two responses.

1. Not interested
2. Don't spam

I even offered 1 month of free leads. If ROI is good then we can agree on a monthly price or we can decide the cost per lead.

Last edited:
Your English is your issue. Partner with a native speaker, or hire a native speaker to call/message the businesses for you before doing anything else. Anything you do will be undone when they hear the non-native english

Don’t make a rank and rent site and then try to find your customer.

Find your customer and then build the site once you’ve got at least one person who wants to buy the leads.

Don’t make a rank and rent site and then try to find your customer.

Find your customer and then build the site once you’ve got at least one person who wants to buy the leads.
In the future, Yes I will. But in this case, I can't undo what I have done.

Your English is your issue. Partner with a native speaker, or hire a native speaker to call/message the businesses for you before doing anything else. Anything you do will be undone when they hear the non-native english
Yes. Partnering with an English native speaker is a good idea. Now, I will try to indirectly reach them. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm afraid that your nationality is working against you.

In Australia we get relentlessly spammed via email & phone by non-Australians.
Most Australian businesses would immediately dismiss your offer, no matter how good it actually is.

As suggested above, you may have more success if you can partner with a "local" intermediary to approach businesses on your behalf.

Back