I need 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

intriguing idea that motivated me to stop lurking and post here. The timing is probably perfect for me.

I'm averaging 80-100k profits a month with paid traffic, but that's where my problem is. I became fucking lazy and totally lost my motivation and drive. It's easy to oversleep, skip gym and procrastinate while the money is rolling it, but at the same time I know that it doesn't take much to entirely evaporate my income stream (this happened to me about a year ago). This year has been a very good one for me but I feel I'm trapped in my thinking patterns. I always thought that thinking outside of the box is my main strength but I'm a bit clueless right now where and how to get traffic outside of media buys.

My goal is to create an asset that is not dependant on Google or any display traffic. I've already set up my new community site and created good content. The idea behind this is:
  • to have a flow of non-paid and non-search traffic
  • to build a base of recurring visitors
  • to get visitors into new communication channels (Facebook page but primarily getting them into newsletters)
  • the ultimate goal is to find out what kind of problems my people have and to create a digital product for it
Please feel free to hit me up if you consider me, I'll definitely follow along.

-Sat

Well - Time to FOLLOW THE RULES and post on this thread.

I've got a HYPER-LOCAL big brand site that I've been currently priming for traffic leaks as well as filling with GOOD CONTENT - holy shit RD said something about good content... I know.. it's actually important when building an asset. This is my team's major focus this fall/winter as we wanted to build it during the "down months" so we could fully launch and build momentum in the Spring/Summer of 2015.

The site is currently using ZERO SEO and building its social following organically. We plan to full-on launch the site over the next month and this would be the artillery we need to shake things up.

The site is based off another city's working model that generates nearly 500k traffic monthly and over $30k monthly revenue.

My current traffic leak protocol looks something like this.

1. Immediately go to WHATEVER establishment (restaurant, bar, event, musician, band, venue etc)’s Facebook page and post a small blurb about your review and then post a link with a thank you for a good/great experience

2. Tweet @theestablishment with a small thank you/”the biscuits were awesome” “your craft beer selection is awesome” style tweet with a link to your article

3. Use appropriate #hashtag

4. Go to tripadvisor or Yelp whichever is more applicable for your article and leave a short review there with a link to article.

5. Find any NEWS articles written about place from above^^ and leave a useful comment with a link to your article.

6. Share it on your Twitter/Facebook etc..

7. Use appropriate local Subreddits and post appropriately.

Last edited:
Hey CCarter!
Damn you're good! Your post are a f****** marketing lure for all of us who are attracted to it like flies to light. You're marketing to marketers :-) Count me in for screening and I hope I make!

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

This is sensationál news. I especially love The idea that the none 9 may feast on The knowledge on display soon. This gives me a very good reason to come back t BS!

I will not apply, but am looking forward to see others succeed and learning along the way.

I'm in for screening. Just saw the whole thing 20 mins ago.

RcNSqbt.jpg

While everyone else is lost talking about penguins, we've got our coats on...

--

Come one, come all. We're looking for all levels of experience. You can be a top dog pulling dough from another traffic source or a complete newbie that can't even one-click install a WordPress setup. Everyone is starting from scratch.

Metadata and I are putting together the types of sites we are looking for and will begin the PMing shortly, with questions about everyone's individual projects which they want to submit.

We're still discussing a lot but there might be a scenario where the CC9 know each other's websites to get a better understanding of how each other are implementing their version traffic leaks. I'll be showcasing examples of ones we've found ourselves - but the sensitive information like actual domain names will never be revealed in the threads - just within the CC9.

We'll be discussing what one person did, how they could have done it better, and giving each other ideas on how they can improve their own traffic leaks. We learn by not only sharing ideas, which we can then implement onto our own projects, but also adding on-top other things we've seen work - online and offline.

The broad outlines and ideas will be explain to the audience, with spoofed examples. Remember this isn't SEO, there aren't only 10 positions in the top 10. Multiple people from the same niche can do multiple traffic leaks with the same technique and never even see a competitor cause the forest is that huge.

I'm still looking for the official gif girl for this project, this has been really the toughest decision to date, there are just so many to choose from:

X5XMEbp.gif

grgF2BO.gif

U9ohLRl.gif

51XKqQK.gif

Idghn4s.gif

I believe the official gif girl is the most crucial part of this process, so we've got to really nail it down right. As soon as @MetaData get's his act together, we'll begin the vetting process.

Current status: 0 out of 9 selected.

MNK690E.gif

P.S. we might need a Treasurer or Scribe to record some of this.

NCiHSth.gif

P.P.S. this decision is just so hard..

My vote, "I am a god"
Also, throwing my hat into the ring to be one of the 9 Ccarter Samurai!

Count me in! :smile: I do believe this is a great opportunity, and even if I'm not chosen, I'll still follow along 100%. I'm also open to doing the scribing :smile: although that would be my second choice.

I have a couple questions; will these projects be starting from scratch, scratch? As in conceptual stage to //edit: market //research to building the sites and so on?

Last edited:
Just made an account for this.

And absolutely -- I'd love to grow and help others grow with this project .

For this I have three websites in the same niche (one of the "desperate buyer" niches, lots of legit and high-paying affiliate offers available for monetization.) The sites also already have good base of content around the niche in place, and the offers are proven to convert. Have an autoresponder series as well.

All sites are now nicely penalised by Google and have virtually no action. Would love to revive the buzz on the sites.

Will contribute a lot to the group if chosen, of that I have no doubt. Hopefully can also start seeing some sales later on.

somsil

Yo dude, this idea finally got me to drag my ass away from GSA and join the new forum. I am very interested in this. I have a large branded membership site in a cool niche that would work great for traffic leaks. I've done some leaking already but the results have been mixed and I often hit the issue of getting banned/blocked/delete. I wont blast you with PMs etc as Im assuming that shouting up here is enough to apply for the program.

I'm voting for second girl... mmm.. sweet

@ Ccarter, I'm all in for one of these slots.

I am relaunching/branding a new arm of my business and have a new site, ready to go with zero traffic, zero SEO etc.

Please let me know next steps. Thank you.

Last edited:
I'd be in, but we know each other long enough to know I'll not occupy that space.

Would love to have SOME way to follow along without being one of the 9.. maybe a short "This is the lesson for this week" .. summary or tasks people outside can do.

::emp::

*** Major Announcement ***

We've selected Kenzi as the official gif girl for this project. Nice, eleganct, classic feel, yet still with the times - perfect representation of this current new experiment. Sometimes you have to go backwards, to go forwards.

xRs6NuC.gif

Now that the most important thing is out of the way, we are going to start the vetting process.

dUuSOY5.gif

I think Alison has always been one of my favorite gif girls... She has such range :smile:

I've always enjoyed Kenzi - nice choice.

Throwing my hat in the ring after Bofu pointed me towards this little experiment.

We're looking for all levels of experience. You can be a top dog pulling dough from another traffic source or a complete newbie that can't even one-click install a WordPress setup. Everyone is starting from scratch.

I'm definitely much closer to the latter than the former, but maybe that's my competitive advantage?

It would be a new project on a (possibly) fresh domain - excited for the opportunity.

cooperpass2.gif

ohhh I do like Kenzi; Bo had the most amazing boobs though :wink:

Wow this is gonna be epic.

I'd love to be one of the 9 got a brand new site in the arts/entertainment niche that's been sitting marinating for a few months. This is my pride and joy and want to develop it into a big brand. My plan has always been to primarily do traffic leaks on this site with SEO as a secondary traffic source.

I've been handling some other affiliate sites so haven't gotten around to marketing this site yet. It's got literally 0 traffic, but is set up Big Brand style. it's mixed monetization with my own products as well as affiliate products.

I'm completely new to traffic leaking so if I could be a part of the boot camp it would be amazing - I know by the end I'll become a traffic leaking pro and let go of the Google chains.

Im in - hope I get chosen! *fingers crossed*

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring. I have a site that's a clean slate to start from, so we could truly see what's possible working from the absolute ground up (I love a good challenge!). Social profiles have been created. Dev site is in progress. Brand image is finished, and I have a template plus audio ready to go for video production. Working on getting content up now. Not yet launched, and no one in this particular industry knows about it yet, but the intent is to build a large major news site brand that will overtake the others in the industry. Most of the competition is not tech-savvy and stuck in the past. The nice thing is, this is an industry that is typically 10+ years behind the internet curve, a large percentage of the viewer base not being tech-savvy, which can have some obvious benefits in comparison to markets with users that are much more clued in. The domain is the brand, which is unique and will stand on its own, but also utilizes a major keyword for the industry, domain name being under 10 letters. So it is technically an EMD under 10 letters, with a unique brand.

I have traffic leaked in the past, in the industry I'm referring to. On Facebook last year, I ran a 5 day campaign, $70 in ad spend, stupid simple giveaway ad ($350 product), and got 20k new legit FB page followers, ~10-12k new registered website members, reached 1.5mil people on FB, and got another few hundred thousand visits within a 1 week period. So I'm definitely not new to the traffic leaking concept.

Come to me, sweet Traffic Links. I will never leave you...
E5qGHqo.gif

What's a wordpress?

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring. I have a site that's a clean slate to start from, so we could truly see what's possible working from the absolute ground up (I love a good challenge!). ... So I'm definitely not new to the traffic leaking concept.

Interesting, I have a project in a similar niche. I'd say people there are more than 15 years behind what's Internet today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back