How would you want to be approached, as an affiliate?

Degree
I finished wrapping up my handbook over the weekend, and have created the sales copy for it. Everything looks good. I've got a list of targets that I want to approach, and sell to their lists, but my outreach game has me feeling a little bit .... less than confident.

I'm curious, for the affiliates among us, how would you want to be approached with an offer. What approach would work the best for getting people to help promote my product to their audience?

If you can help me out, I'm looking to brainstorm some ways to get some wins under my belt, and help get this thing some traction.

Conversion Rate is huge. If you did your homework and put funds towards PPC to drive traffic and learn AND IMPROVED your landing page's conversion rate, affiliate really should be coming to you. You have to be your biggest affiliate, that means you are going to be the one driving in the most traffic by testing different marketing funnels, tactics, landing pages, messaging etc. Give your affiliate the stuff that converts the best and NEVER try to get them to be guinea pigs by having them spend money on something you haven't tested yourself.

The thing about affiliate marketing is a lot of people jump in thinking, I'm going to build it up and then get affiliates to do the bulk of the pushing of my offer. WRONG. It never works out like that. Any serious super affiliate is going to want to know your numbers and see you've put in time and effort to get them the best converting lander before approaching them.

NCMedia/Norb has some great posts at Wickedfire about versioning and his experience with his DubTurbo product and his alternative software. He always stressed for you to be the biggest affiliate, pushing the biggest traffic and doing the PPC a/b testing then giving your campaigns to your affiliates to run with.

It's also the 80/20 rule, 20% of the affiliates are going to bring in 80% of the revenue, but you have to be your biggest affiliate of all of them.

Here are some of Norb's knowledge drops:

NCMedia: My 1000th Knowledge Bomb

Versioning #3: Case Study - Versioning Installment 3

I did have it in my head that existing results would make it easier to get affiliates on board. I also had it in my head that affiliates were going to flock to me to pimp it out, though -- and all I had to do was get it in front of them with the right email message.

Putting the cart before the horse again.

I'm going to dig through those two posts and see what I can implement tonight, then work on a PPC campaign tomorrow.

Back