How would you use this opportunity?

mackem

Test, Test, Test
Degree
I have access to one of the biggest names in my niche. The guy is keen to help me but I have no idea how to leverage the relationship.

An interview sounds like the quickest win to get us started but I just wondered if there's something that I'm missing where I can 10x the opportunity.

Personally, I think you are missing the bigger picture, although I guess it depends on your niche also.

An interview is an okay quick win in a scenario where you just want to leverage someone’s name, for example, if I wanted to become a motivational speaker, I might try and reach out to Tony Robbins for an interview in order to align our names together and show I have access to the big names.

In my scenario, Tony Robbins would have no real interest in helping me become a motivational speaker, he just wants to promote himself and doesn’t care that I get promotion too.

But this is not the scenario you’re in, if the big-name guy genuinely wants to help you, then personally I think the smarter play here would be to partner with him.

Partnering with him means that your building something together or at least it looks like you made it together from the outside even if he is more of a silent partner, but ideally you would collectively put something together.

If you launch a joint product, you are really aligning your credibility with his, and it’s a much bigger play than something like an interview.

Back