How to win a charge back?

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
So i'm not getting terrible amount of charge backs but as of recent, i even saw a guy make 2 separate orders then do a charge back , after product was shipped. I wasn't keeping up with the orders being shipped.

How can I win chargebacks with someone like Stripe?

What’s the reason for the chargebacks according to Stripe. Is it claiming Fraud? If you get a chargeback after the product is shipped but before it arrived the audience you are targeting are assholes and scammers.

You need to do something to target better people, whether it is the source of traffic, the copyrighting that impacts people a certain way, or something else.

I remember when we used to advertise at BlackHatWorld and we’d get people attempting to use stole credit cards and other fraudulent shit, before stripe Radar some would get through and eventually the real card owner would call it fraud. I built this crazy interface where it printed out all the details of the user that signed up and how much they used the system, it helped win the bad customer chargebacks but the real fraud stuff nothing could stop that. Mind you I am talking like maybe 5-10 instances per year, so nothing out of control.

Anyways by reverse engineering the path we come to realize the fraud was mostly originating from BHW. So we slowed down and stopped promoting on that site. No fraud or chargebacks since.

Now we did get lots of normal paying customers from there too and the fraud element wasn’t overwhelming or crippling so we could go back and now with Stripe Radar they are better at catching problematic charges, but still it’s easier to avoid bad neighborhoods just to avoid the headaches and waste of time and energy.

I've never had to deal with a chargeback, but I always try to prepare for it.

I keep every piece of communication between myself and the buyer (or vice versa) whether that be email or chat on any platform, or a public forum, etc. They must include time stamps.

You can keep track of invoices paid or not paid, shipping times or digital deliveries.

Basically you're just showing the entire timeline of the pre-sale, sale, transaction, and shipment, and even delivery if that's happened. If you have all of that and it shows the user is all about it, then you're going to win.

In the case of some ecommerce site where someone clicks buy, waits till shipment happens, then clicks chargeback, you don't have much to go off of. Sometimes you have to calculate this kind of loss into the sale price, and possibly have insurance if your scale is high enough too.

Back