How to reverse engineer competitors strategy?

TacoCat

Bueno...
BuSo Pro
Degree
I'll be honest, I have no idea on how to do it. But I figure it is a good skill to have. Can someone point me to the right direction?

You're going to have to be more specific. Is this for an online or offline business. What is your "mission accomplished" parameter? When you consider your state over the competitor "satisfactory" - when you can safely say "I've beat my competitor"?

More walk in visitors, more positive reviews on yelp, more visitors to your website, more sales, maybe you are talking about just out ranking them in search terms or more social interactions, or just pure revenue versus revenue? You're going to have to give us more then 1 weak title and zero guidance on WHERE you want to be over your competitors.

@CCarter I'm talking about where does the competition gets their traffic from. Basically I'm looking for some new traffic sources. And I would like to tap in theirs, if they have any besides social networks. They have somewhat 140k Likes on facebook. But they've been around for a year.

The content is very similar. Either they have some other sources, or they are using some kind of script to grow their followers. Because they are growing fast, but when I tried the strategy they use it sucked really bad.

It would be nice if there would be a way to find out where and how they acquire both - visitors and likes.

SimilarWeb, BuzzSumo and SemRush from top of my head.

@Varys BuzzSumo didn't provide any usefull info. SemRush won't work for the target country, I will check out SimilarWeb though.

Back