How To Get Website Into Google News?

Degree
How to get it in Google news?

Do I need to publish daily content?;
How long will it take?
Whats the return? How much clicks could I expect?

Is it even worth it?

Of course, if the share of news in the content structure of the site is large, it makes sense to optimize the site according to the requirements of Google News.

EUrRMU5.png

If you plan to get a lot of traffic, you should publish a lot of news every day, for example, 100 news a day.

Give some idea how toger site inside google news? Making 100 articles a day just for news before i am accepted is no way. .

First i would like to get inside. But how?

@Google PE say I have an informational site and I want to add a news section to it, is it worth it if the site is newer? Can a new site get enough traction within Google news to make an impact with a consistent routine? Or, better to wait until authority and a following are built up so the cost of the content can be offset (assuming I have to pay writers)?

Can news articles raise the topical authority of specific pages and the site if interlinked properly, or does Google discount the articles once the news has gotten stale?

I don't know too much about Google news in regards to SEO, any insight you could provide would be appreciated.

@Biggy
Tickets to the News Corps are not sold, in order to get there you need to make an effort.

There's no need to apply or anything like that any more. It's an algorithmic decision where if you begin doing the right things, they'll begin showing you in the News side of search.

I'd say the obvious thing to do is to run a news-based site entirely, or to publish your news in a subfolder clearly labeled /news/. Make it easy for the algorithm to understand.

Publish tons of content daily, make sure it follows all the content guidelines expected of news stories, get all your technical SEO stuff right, and definitely sign up through Publisher Center and submit an RSS feed just for the news section of your site. That last step is like "wink, wink" to help them understand your goal. You can apparently create a News sitemap too to submit to Search Console.

@Google PE say I have an informational site and I want to add a news section to it, is it worth it if the site is newer? Can a new site get enough traction within Google news to make an impact with a consistent routine? Or, better to wait until authority and a following are built up so the cost of the content can be offset (assuming I have to pay writers)?

Can news articles raise the topical authority of specific pages and the site if interlinked properly, or does Google discount the articles once the news has gotten stale?

I don't know too much about Google news in regards to SEO, any insight you could provide would be appreciated.
Sites created less than a year ago are rated by the Google News algorithm as not authoritative (Low level of E-A-T).
The site must demonstrate a good rate of publication of original content (news) over a long period (at least a year).
If you publish little news, or if they are published with long breaks, for example, every other day, such a site will not be interesting to the algorithm.
It is important to note that approval in the Google Publisher Center does not guarantee a high ranking on Google News or News Tab.

I completely agree with @Ryuzaki

So here I am wondering how to get into Google News. For some reason I don't know how can I add site to google news. Should I do that? Or if I would be accepted in Google news I would automatically get approved.

Then here we have Web stories. I don't know Google Web Stories page Looks cool, but is it really that cool? Can it give any traffic or is it just another waste of time?

I'm curious also how to get in web stories. What are your results so far? Are Web stories evergreen or it's same like with google news it works for 1 max 2 days then it's over with traffic?

So here I am wondering how to get into Google News. For some reason I don't know how can I add site to google news. Should I do that? Or if I would be accepted in Google news I would automatically get approved.
Sites are no longer required to be pre-approved to appear on Google News. Yes, you can apply to the Publisher Center, but your site's approval doesn't guarantee anything.
The most important thing is the quality of the site and the quality of the content (original reporting).
Read more...

I'm looking to buy a site and within GSC theres a "Google News" menu item. In the last year it's managed to get a single click.

Is there any additional benefit to a site that has some sort of pre-approval in Google News? Would newsworthy content perform better on this site, or is there no value here at all?

Is there any additional benefit to a site that has some sort of pre-approval in Google News? Would newsworthy content perform better on this site, or is there no value here at all?

*Not personal experience, this comes from a buddy...

The traffic from Google News was unlocked by posting newsworthy content on a very regular basis, like several articles per day. That's when it really popped off for them.

So if that's a site that's been dormant, or hasn't been doing news-y style content for a while, or isn't posting frequently, there could be something to consider.

In this case, it was well worth it to post all that content, they got a lot of traffic from it.

Zero. You used to need to be pre-approved, but now everyone is eligible. Need to post like @Potatoe said.

Back