How to Build a Multi Language WordPress Site without "auto" translate content.

Degree
Hi, i want to know about multi language wordpress site, but most of the resources that i can find is using auto translate, while i want to an original content for each version of language, lets say i want to site is by default using english (worldwide/us), and other like spanish, arabic.

i can see some site is perfect example, where the setup is good, when i try searching within local language, they are on search with local version of content, and when i try to searching with another language that they had, also they are on search too.

but i don't understand enough how its work about the setup, and what to take for proper setup the SEO it self. i understand the basic, but might more insight from Buso.

Thank you

revise: searching with local language with local (country) ip

This is a huge question you're asking that nobody is going to answer in full depth, because it would require a novel.

I'd look into something like (or exactly this) WPML.org, which is a Wordpress Multi-Language plugin. If you look at what it provides, you'll save yourself a giant headache in terms of even keeping track of what's going on. A glance at this picture will say a lot more than I'm willing to:

5GHrUNg.png

Other things to concern yourself with that this will provide is:
  • hreflang tags (an absolute must)​
  • a language switcher feature to add to your theme​
  • tokenized strings for auto-translation​
That last item is something I think people don't consider. When you're reading the German language pages, the menu's, footer, sidebar, and all of that should be in German. You need to be able to track "strings" and their translations and switch to them depending on which language is being viewed.

And what I wouldn't do, that you've already noted, is getting into auto-translated content, which is going to be hot garbage.

I'd recommend getting multiple sites if you're going to be in a local that is more or less nationalistic, such as in Europe. No one trusts a .com domain in Europe as much as say a .de or .fr domain.

Back