How to automate the creation of my outreach list?

Degree
Hey all,

I'm starting out with link building outreach and created my first outreach lists. The process that I'm following is quite time-consuming. I was wondering how I can optimize it because I would like to outsource it to a VA.

That's my current process:
  1. Extracting a CSV-file from the top 100 search results for a keyword (MOZ Bar)
    Optional: Extract CSV files for secondary keyword, if relevant
    Optional: Merge CSV File from all keyword ( http://merge-csv.com/)
  2. Removing sites with 0 links from Google Sheets
  3. Extract a CSV file of every site with links (It takes ages) I'm using Ubersuggest (Paid Version) as my Keyword tool. It can easily be 70-100 files to download manually.
  4. Merge CSV-file of all sites with links.
  5. Remove unnecessary first lines. (70-100 times removing unnecessary lines from Google Sheets)
  6. Remove duplicates with Google Sheets.
Outcome: a prospect list without contact details

I want to optimize this process first before starting to add the second process. Which would be the search for contact details. Most probably, I would need a tool like Hunter.io to scrape sites for emails.

Do you have any ideas how I could improve my current process?

Outreach will always be time consuming no matter the method and I’m always looking for ways to speed it up.
At this point, I can go from starting outreach to sending 200-300 hundred outreach emails in 1-2 hours.

This method is designed for scale and will not get you as high a conversion rate as if you made the outreach more personal, but it works for me.
  1. Input a keyword into Ahrefs keyword explorer.
  2. Export top 100 results to a csv.
  3. Open csv, remove all sites that have a) DR>80 b) DR<20 c) organic traffic <1000
  4. Add remaining sites to master site tab, and remove duplicates.
  5. Add first site to site explorer in Ahrefs, and go to referring domain list.
  6. Download csv, and perform the same steps as step 3.
  7. Add remaining sites to master outreach tab, and remove duplicates.
  8. Continue with steps 5, 6, and 7 until 1000 sites have been added. Once 1000 new prospects have been added, run them through a tool called URLProfiler.
  9. This will collect emails from the sites. Depending on your luck, you may get up to 500 email addresses back.
  10. Do some cleaning up of the emails. Remove foreign tlds, remove placeholder emails etc.
  11. Send an outreach email to all remaining emails using Gmass.
This method isn’t perfect and I’ve probably missed a few steps, but it will score you some decent links at scale, and for a good price.

All this can be done in a couple of hours, the longest part is waiting for URLProfiler which takes about 30 mins to scrape 1000 sites.

I do this once a week although you could probably do it once a month and still get links at scale.

It's a pretty streamlined process you've got there already.

In my experience it's better to optimize conversion of high quality backlinks than send a batch of 500 unpersonalized e-mail. You could look at something like LemList to automate follow-ups, I get on average a response after 5.4 e-mails.

Here's mine. Uses scrapebox for almost all the steps.

1. Start with 3 blog type sites that I've bought guest posts/link insertions from. Get their sitemap. Use scrapebox sitemap scraper to get all the pages of those 3 sites.
  2. Import all those pages into scrapebox link extractor. Get all outbound links on those three sites.
  3. Trim all to root and remove duplicate domains.
  4. Import all those domains into scrapebox alexa checker.
  5. Remove all domains with super high alexa rank (sites that would be unlikely to buy a link from anywhere)
  6. Import the resulting list into scrapebox backlink checker.
  7. Trim all to root and remove duplicate domains.
  8. Import resulting list into URL profiler.
  9. Run URL profiler and be sure to grab DR for all.
  10. Remove all domains with super high traffic or below 500.
  11. Or, remove all domains with a) DR>80 b) DR<20 c) organic traffic <1000
  12. Email them all.

Back