How to add signiture?

Walt Heisenberg Jr

Links Facilitator
Degree
Hi,

I was just wondering how do I add a signature at the bottom of my posts?

Also are there any types of rulings when it comes to the types of signature we can have? (e.g linking back to our site)

dAFpHpH.jpg

We're playing it by ear for now, in terms of self-promotion and signatures. We don't have any solid guidelines in place but the general rule of thumb we've discussed thus far is "don't be gross about it". A project that you're proud of and want to show off? Great. Some huge sig banner and a bunch of shitposting in order to avoid getting a marketplace (coming soon :wink:) thread would, however, be frowned upon. Basically if your selfpromotion gives people douchechills, it's a bit too far, otherwise we welcome it because there's no need to be ashamed of your own projects.

What I've said elsewhere is we would much prefer "Hey, this is mine, check it out..." instead of "So I uhh.. found this cool site and uhh... think you should visit it..." No need to be sneaky, we're all marketers here.

TLDR: Go for it, we'll let you know if there are any problems.

We're playing it by ear for now, in terms of self-promotion and signatures. We don't have any solid guidelines in place but the general rule of thumb we've discussed thus far is "don't be gross about it". A project that you're proud of and want to show off? Great. Some huge sig banner and a bunch of shitposting in order to avoid getting a marketplace (coming soon :wink:) thread would, however, be frowned upon. Basically if your selfpromotion gives people douchechills, it's a bit too far, otherwise we welcome it because there's no need to be ashamed of your own projects.

What I've said elsewhere is we would much prefer "Hey, this is mine, check it out..." instead of "So I uhh.. found this cool site and uhh... think you should visit it..." No need to be sneaky, we're all marketers here.

TLDR: Go for it, we'll let you know if there are any problems.

I've just changed my signature. Let me know if it makes me look like a douche and I'll remove it.

I look forward to sharing a few case studies here and making this my new home.

Lots of beautiful things going on, on this forum.

I need to post this publicly instead of a PM because I made a mistake and I need to own up to it. There was already a clear rule in place about sigs and promotion, and it's that sig banners are not to promote selling anything offsite.
Our market place is coming very soon, and vendors are going to be vetted to ensure and that their sales letters aren't misleading at all. Having sig banners as a free-for-all undermines our ability to keep a high standard of quality. That's not to say that OP's offer isn't of quality, and we look forward to showcasing it in the Marketplace very soon.
My apologies to @Walt Heisenberg Jr and to @The Engineer for the mix up, that was an oversight on my behalf and it shows that we'll need to work to make the forum rules more visible (Not just to members but to mods too!!)

Concerning Signatures:

- Text-based signatures are allowed and will continue to be allowed for all members.

- We will announce image-based signatures at a later date, in conjunction with the launch of our Marketplace.

The Main Rule of Signatures:

Sigs cannot be used to bypass the Market Place. Promote your blog, but not your service or product. Selling must be routed through the Market Place in order to protect our users. Through our trader rating system and the ability to leave reviews in the thread, other interested buyers will be able to investigate the seller to their satisfaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back