How the Largest Media Companies are Scaling Parasite SEO to Make Millions & You Can Too [White Label Affiliate Strategy]

Degree
Came across this article and found it incredibly interesting - not just about the coupon subd/folder leasing, but then the white labelling of affiliate sites into high DA sites. Had me reading from end to end. Definitely raises some concerns and issues about the affiliate model for small players (like us) going forward?

Yeah, i've seen this long ago. Nothing new imo.

There's something I see going on right now ............ VERY HEAVILY that's way newer....but i dont want to mention it b/c it will kind of conflict my own business & look almost like a shameless self plug

But pretty much what they are doing .........to take those top rank spots.. I'll just put it this way... If you know what you're doing, GN sits on top of search. Just have to know how to trigger things.

Same thing pretty much. Utilizing the majors to get ahead until the tire blows and the wheels fall off. But you can make a TON in the meanwhile. Legit sites will stay around anyway.

I must say, I didn't see the "accuweather.com/coupons" coming. :D They're really squeezing it. Some of these sites are already getting hit by Google (source).

Google has already penalized these sites but if you look at their organic traffic stats, they all took maybe a 50% hit, but not hard enough to put an end to it. These sites made millions before getting hit.

I read that they're all being ran by a handful of companies:
  • Global Savings Group
  • Savings United
  • Groupon
  • Vouchercloud
  • RetailMeNot
And others. It's funny to see them completely stunt on Google. They attacked fast and cashed out. It's ballsy. I'd be scared Google would punish my main site for stunting on them so hard.

Back