How much value should I aim to provide with a lead magnet offer?

Degree
How much value should I aim to provide with a lead magnet offer? Like is it enough to recycle a blog post and add an infographic or some other small content improvements or do I need to create brand new content for this?

How much value should I aim to provide with a lead magnet offer? Like is it enough to recycle a blog post and add an infographic or some other small content improvements or do I need to create brand new content for this?

What do you want to get out of it? A large low quality list you can spam and sell solo ads on?
Then it doesn't really matter how good the 'magnet' is, as long as you sell it well.

If however, you want a high quality list to market your own stuff too, then you want to make sure the biggest value is in the emails themselves.
Set up an autoresponder series with each email warming them up for the next one so people get used to opening your emails.

So i would avoid the temptation to make a downloadable thing (sign up now for my amazing 4 week detox diet ebook) like everyone else, and instead put the content directly in the emails.
So using the diet example above, i would split up the ebook into 8 chapters, and send each one as an email (2 a week), with each email leading on to the next.
Check your open rates for the 2nd and 3rd emails in the series and you can easily weed out the dead leads and disposable emails.

If it was me, i would also have a 2 step signup form, that collects the minimum data in the 1st step (probably name and email), but then collects some additional data in an optional second step.
Using the diet example above, i would go with age, height, weight, sex and any other useful targeting data i could reasonably link to dieting - you can get creative here. If you really sell the personalised plan angle, you can ask a whole bunch of stuff if you are creative.

TLDR; if you want people to open your emails beyond the 1st one, make sure that they HAVE too, and that that they KNOW that they have to.

Another thing i would do, would be to include links to non sales pages on my site in the emails.
Eg, "Now my absolute favourite bone broth is available here (off site aff link) but its a little pricey**; however its actually really simple to make yourself - i covered it in detail here (link to your site)."
**if you are going to add an affiliate link here, make it really soft sell, looks honest and builds trust

Now you can get them used to clicking links to your site that dont try and sell them stuff (builds trust) and drop your retargeting pixel so you can follow them all over the internet!

Back