How long to hit $5k p/m from display ads on new site

Degree
Here is the scenario:

- Brand new domain
- Relatively low competition niche
- 1 article posted a day based on low competition search term

How long to hit $5k p/m from display ads?

(disclaimer: I know results will vary massively, just keen to hear people's viewpoints)

I typed a whole thing about the different variables (link building being a big one) but you clearly want to steer us away from that discussion, and I agree, because I find it boring and not exciting. But those variables are what will dictate success and tweak the timeline to $5k per month.

My short answer is: by the end of the 2nd to the end of the 3rd year.

That's not "how fast to get to $5k" but how fast to do it with the parameters you laid out. It can be done faster or it can take longer (depending on the variables!) without those parameters in place.

I did it recently in just under the 2 year mark, but it wasn't 1 article a day (it was less) and I started on an aged, authoritative domain:

3BrHnKR.png

I'm about to hit the 3 year mark and I'll have about 400 posts up by then, to give you a frame of reference. I've invested in link building too, despite already having links.

The whole thing takes time to ramp up, even on a juicy domain. It's built into the algorithm. So definitely get ready to buckle in and enjoy the ride if it's your first rodeo. But you can see how fast it grows past $5k a month once you get there. Certain milestones help like getting accepted into the nicer ad networks and getting away from crap like Ezoic and Adsense.

Back