How do you like to define monetary goals?

Degree
Please note that I'm not asking how much you make. I don't make those tacky threads. I don't want to make you guys all feel bad after I state my numbers anyways.

So my question is, how do you define your goals? How do you prefer to keep track? I've seen a lot of different methods around blogs, and it really depends on how the people work. Do they like active income or passive income, seems to be the main guide for them.

I've seen stuff like:

Best earning day/week/month ever.
Average daily income over the month.
Average income per month for the previous year.

I personally like to take every month's income and divide it by the number of days in the month and see what it equals, and make sure to have beat the previous month. That's because I focus on passive income. But when I have an active income win, that can really throw off the numbers, so I don't include them.

Does anyone have a clever way that combines both passive and active income?

Right now, I'm mainly using Adsense, so I like to just look at daily averages over each month.

Before that when it was really just starting to build, I'd like to think...

Did I get a click today?
Did I at least get $1 today.
Am I busting at least $10 per day.

Now I like to look at the rolling "last 28 days" thing they provide and divide by 28. Although I guess I don't need to divide by 28, but I like to think about it "daily" right now.

My favorite thing at the moment is to add more and more networks and get over the payment threshold every month. I mean, I want at least one payment from each network every month. It's just fun and not too difficult.

Back