How do you format your post?

Degree
I find a lot of keywords that is basically WH type of question (what, when, why). In that case, if I plan to meet up the search intent only, that would be a 500-600 words article. What should I do then? Do I need to add some answer for other keywords too? Adding the keyword in the subheading?

And...about the H2, H3 tag....I take this simple. I'm gonna write subheadings in H2; H3 Under the H2 if needed and so on. Isn't this process correct?

Hey @Ababilstar I think this is fuelled by the myth that you have to produce 2,000 word posts every time.

I'd be happy to write 600 words if it answered the question fully - you can always expand later if you nedd to.

Here's the format I'm trying (I have no data to see if this works):
  • Keyword in url
  • Keyword in title
  • Keyword in first 100 words
  • Keyword in a H2
  • Keyword in copy
  • Keyword in last 100 words
  • Keyword in an image alt and file name
Take this with a pinch of salt as I'm only a dozen posts in on a new site so no idea if this will work or not.

@NorthernMonkey, your list of on-page things to hit will serve you well. Just make sure the Title is then duplicated in the H1 tag. I wouldn't be afraid to pump up the "keyword in copy". Maybe one instance per 500 words of length, etc.

@Ababilstar, You phrased it perfectly: "I plan to meet up the search intent only". That is all you want to do and nothing more. If that gets done in 600 words, so be it. Google wants to rank the most relevant and most intent-serving articles possible.

Dictionary.com and them rank with like 50 words or less a lot of times, because it directly serves the intent. You don't want to bloat it out for the sake of length or trying to rank for similar topics in one article. Those days are gone. You want to directly serve the intent and that's all. Anything extra is actively hurting your chances of ranking these days.

Back