How do I source products for eCommerce & how much should I need for PPC ads?

Degree
complete newb here. I'm looking at starting an authority site in the tech niche. But I don't see how I would provide value or good content since I don't have the money to actually buy and test products. I feel like I'm not knowledgeable about any niche to provide value writing content. I feel like I should go the E-commerce route though I'm not really sure how it works. So my questions regarding E-commerce are;
1. where can I source products? so i'll be competing with other guys selling the same product?
2. how much minimum am I going to need for ads and other stuff?

So...
  1. You don't have much money
  2. You are not particularly knowledgeable about your chosen niche
  3. You don't really know how e-commerce works
A serious answer. You need to take a look at yourself and ask what problems you could possibly solve for people. What is, for want of a better phrase, your unique selling point? (Not what do you want to sell, but what enables you to be a better choice to sell it.)

It might be a language, it might be a location, it might be past experience and knowledge, it might be access to stuff that other people wouldn't be able to access.

So let's say you are someone with a Ukrainian background. And you have a mate who is involved in commercial real estate in Canada. And you know that there are plenty of Ukrainians that are looking to invest their money outside the country because of the instability. So now you have a better access to Ukrainians (because you speak the language and know the culture) and Canadian real estate (because that is where you live and you have your friend) than 99% of other people.

And here you can start to think about opportunities to solve problems. For example, offering information in Ukrainian about tax breaks for foreign commercial investment in Canada.

Obviously that is a bit broad brush, but the same principles apply even if you don't have a foreign background. Use the advantages you already possess to give yourself a leg up. If you can't think of any area where you might have an advantage, even if it is a bit tenuous, then you should seriously have a word with yourself and question whether you have the mindset to succeed online.

You are in the tough position.

The reality is that you must bring something to the table.

Let me ask you this.

Are you willing to work your butt off?

Are you willing to partner with someone that has knowledge that you may not have?

If you can do those 2 things you just need to figure out a couple more things to actually make it big.

Back