How Do I Rank on Bing?

Degree
No matter how well I rank in Google it almost feels like Bing literally hates me.

Never across multiple sites has any of my sites ever ranked for anything decent even though ranking 1-3 on G.

I know the traffic potential is much much smaller but it feels like something that should be an easy win that I am leaving on the table.

Does anyone here have decent rankings on Bing and if yes sell me your ebook about how to rank or just post in this thread.

Can we trade ebooks? a lot of my articles have a featured snippet on Bing. I just see that an article I published yesterday has already hit the snippets on Bing.

Google, on the other hand - not one, at least none I know of.

Can we trade ebooks? a lot of my articles have a featured snippet on Bing. I just see that an article I published yesterday has already hit the snippets on Bing.

Google, on the other hand - not one, at least none I know of.
Do you submit sitemaps to Bing?

I think that I am so on point for on page and google that it must be triggering some kind of red flag with bing - there is no other explanation that I can think of.

No, I have never bothered about Bing at all. Have no idea how their algo works vis-a-vis Google either. I do the usual stuff - write content that is more relevant to the search term than others ranking on Google SERPs. I have plenty of <h2>s. And recently, have also been including a lot of tables to showcase information better.

I see that Bing loves tables. They seem to literally snatch any table, even half-relevant to show on their snippets.

And oh - don't quote me on this, but IMO they equate long content -> quality content. So if you write long, you get ranked higher.

I talked with other SEOs about Bing before and the conclusion I've reached is that a website can only be optimized for one search engine. If you picked Google (which is what you would have picked, if you do the SEO that is recommended here) then you have picked Google. You need to make a Bing optimized site for Bing and the two are not similar. You can check for yoursite by doing site:youtube.com on Google and Bing. The indexed pages are two different results. Same thing with Baidu, Yandex, and Naver.

I think Bing cares less about backlinks maybe. I am literally on the first page for this one term on Bing but on Google I am on like the 7th or 9th page not sure anymore.

For example: Zairp Review <- search that into bing vs google. On google, it shows linkedin as #1 result but on Bing it shows hinmanreview as 1st I think.

I honestly think the longer the more likely it will be on Bing. I also feel like if it's overoptimized it'll be higher on Bing.

I just took a look and about 10% of my traffic comes from Bing. I'm not doing anything special but I noticed most of my snippets on google are also on bing.

No, I have never bothered about Bing at all. Have no idea how their algo works vis-a-vis Google either. I do the usual stuff - write content that is more relevant to the search term than others ranking on Google SERPs. I have plenty of <h2>s. And recently, have also been including a lot of tables to showcase information better.

I see that Bing loves tables. They seem to literally snatch any table, even half-relevant to show on their snippets.

And oh - don't quote me on this, but IMO they equate long content -> quality content. So if you write long, you get ranked higher.
I am in the same boat. Many of my articles rank in top results in Bing in 1-2 days, and it has been like that for me with multiple sites since 2018.

What you said also applies to me, H2s, on some sites I have longer content, on other sites not so long or it varies. On one website I have tables, on others none at all, but they still rank almost immediately.

It often happens that an article will appear in 24h on top 10 results, stay there for a few days, and slowly go down, and then some will go back up and others will stay there.

I have also submitted sitemaps to Bing, but haven't always done that and it still had the same behavior. I'm using https://wordpress.org/plugins/indexnow/ which should submit articles to multiple search engines, including Bing, however I'm not relying on it. It's just an extra measure to maximize my chances.

Back