How Do I Check Google Results For One Country From a Different Country?

Apex

To the top
Degree
Let's say I want to check the results for a search in English, but I do this search from Spain. I understand that this search will be personalized for my location and will not be the same as for my target audience, which could, for example, reside in the USA. I'm wrong?

Any way to solve this?

Let's say I want to check the results for a search in English, but I do this search from Spain.

Any way to solve this?

Try this trick out: ?gl=[country code].

For example:
  • google.com/?gl=us
  • google.com/?gl=ca
  • google.com/?gl=uk
  • google.com/?gl=jp
and so forth. Should work from any Google site. Not sure how long it'll last since they're actively changing their geolocation methods at the moment.

Edit: Tag that parameter to the result of the search query.

Last edited:
Seems to work best for me if I do a search and then add the ?gl=[country code] part after.
Nice find! WIll be useful for sure!

You probably already know this but worth mentioning - make sure you do the search in a private / incognito tab, else you will get personalized results.

Seems to work best for me if I do a search and then add the ?gl=[country code] part after.
Nice find! WIll be useful for sure!

Yeah that's what I meant. Sorry, was busy and moving fast. Tag that parameter to the result of the search query!

Not sure if the ?gl=country code bit does something specific or fancy, or is it to just so as not be diverted to your local Google search, as in type in google.com and get diverted to google.co.uk?

Is that the question? I've always used google.com/ncr meaning 'no country redirect' when wanting to search Google.com from the UK, not sure if that works if you add /ncr to the end of any country google search, and obviously doesn't do away with personalised results.

Back