How do I build "topical authority"?

Degree
Okay - so I have a website with lots of pillar pages with money keyword intent. Now im creating loads of blog posts that cover questions around that pillar topic. Then I will link from blog posts to the pillar page. Is that enough to build topical authority?

That's how you build topical "coverage" anyways. But what about the "authority" part? I agree that covering the breadth and depth of the topic is the most critical part, but having some links pointing in citing you as a reliable resource is also a part of the authority aspect.

That's how you build topical "coverage" anyways. But what about the "authority" part? I agree that covering the breadth and depth of the topic is the most critical part, but having some links pointing in citing you as a reliable resource is also a part of the authority aspect.
I have a lot of Pillar Pages on my site with buyer intent but only ~20 blog articles. Do you think its a good idea to increase the amount to 100 blog articles now and link them to the pillar pages?

I have a lot of Pillar Pages on my site with buyer intent but only ~20 blog articles. Do you think its a good idea to increase the amount to 100 blog articles now and link them to the pillar pages?
Yes. You know it is and don't need affirmation. It will help build relevancy to your pillar posts and improve their rankings by some amount. These new pages themselves can rank for keywords themselves and you can figure out how to monetize them as well. Ain't nothing to it but to do it. Go forth and prosper.

Copy the word nets and associated keyword google spits out in its suggest, auto complete, related and the keyword planner.

Keep posting what ever as long as it touches their items. Internal Anchors and page titles seem to matter the most. Keep your site online. It’s amazing how a few days of downtime or even just lagging a lot can kill progress.

Probably helps to get some links and citation/ brand mention type stuff from other sites in the niche. That seems less important every year and you should be doing that anyway....

Back