How big should article FAQs be?

Degree
Our clients are bigger brands, so I've never really dealt with trying to build a brand new site before.

Currently sitting on 100 articles targeting 0 - 75 volume/month articles, they ain't doing great and I'm inspired by voLdie's success with fat FAQs (and I assume a article + FAQ schema combo).

If anyone else has experience with growing a new site by leveraging FAQs I'd love to hear it!

I don't know if this is the best/ideal/perfect way to do it, but I'll chime in with how I go about it.

I just go for 1-2 lines, answering the question in the most concise way possible. The answers will usually already be covered more in-depth throughout the rest of the article, since the FAQ is related to the main topic at hand.

The topic itself will help determine how many questions and answers you include.

I always include the question within the answer, too, for example...

Article FAQs should be big enough to answer the question at hand while still remaining concise and useful.

Why is it good to include FAQs at the bottom of a post?
It is good to include FAQs at the bottom of the post because blah blah blah.

I agree with @Potatoe above with the methods. I have usually done five or so Q&A per page, normally in a section moderately high in the page content.

I believe that your page already has to rank decently (at least from my experience) to get the featured schema and I remember reading something somewhere SEO-ish that backed that thought up (although I can't find it with a quick search).

I don't know if this is the best/ideal/perfect way to do it, but I'll chime in with how I go about it.

I just go for 1-2 lines, answering the question in the most concise way possible. The answers will usually already be covered more in-depth throughout the rest of the article, since the FAQ is related to the main topic at hand.

The topic itself will help determine how many questions and answers you include.

I always include the question within the answer, too, for example...

Article FAQs should be big enough to answer the question at hand while still remaining concise and useful.

Why is it good to include FAQs at the bottom of a post?
It is good to include FAQs at the bottom of the post because blah blah blah.
Thank you!

In regards to the FAQ headers, do you typically just use "synonyms" of the headers you used in the article? I'm guessing you don't straight up repeat the h2s word-for-word.

I'd break up the FAQs into actual posts and internally link them to the main competitive topic you're trying to rank. Everyone stuffs them into roundup posts and whatnot and no one actually reads them except the crawler.

Then again, that's just my take. But I guess if everyone else in the SERP has them (for that search term), you'll likely want to add them just to please Google.

Back