Hosting Wordpress on Google Cloud

Degree
Has anyone hosted a wordpress site on Google Cloud? Could there conceivably be any ranking benefits when using a hosting platform from the same company that has the two largest search engines? Just curious whether anyone tried or tested that.

I can pretty much guarantee there is no extra benefit from hosting a site there.

If Google wants to get in trouble for monopolistic behavior, it's going to be through stuff like over-ranking Youtube, not Google Cloud or Blogger. A better question would be if you get an extra boost from having Adsense on your site (I reaaaaally doubt it).

I've not hosted anything with Google Cloud. But I'm in agreement with @Darth. Hoping for a boost is a pipe dream. You're better off spending that energy getting another link or posting another article.

Well now to be perfectly honest, Google has been seen to overrank some of their properties in the past, like sites.google or books.google and they almost always have a videos snippet in the rankings that is only showing youtube videos and no videos from other sources, so monopolistic behavior isn't something new for them:smile:

Has anyone hosted a wordpress site on Google Cloud? Could there conceivably be any ranking benefits when using a hosting platform from the same company that has the two largest search engines? Just curious whether anyone tried or tested that.
No ranking advantage per se, you would get the advantages of the cloud though, depending on where you're currently hosting.

If on a shared environment (e.g. FTP-style access, no root console access):
  • Increased uptime
  • Increased security
If on a dedicated server:
  • Reduced operating overheads
  • Easier to duplicate the setup (e.g. if you wish to have a staging and production environments) and do backups
If these are things you're looking for, I'd suggest Digital Ocean, they have a few nice one-click install options and automated backups.

Hosting on Google will not affect your ranking, but hosting on a low-class hosting company can impact your ranking, because, a website with low speed will be punished or rank really slow. All of us understand that Google always works to provide quality things to its users and show them extremely relevant outcomes with good quality.

Now all the small or large websites are moving their sites from shared to the cloud since due to having numerous websites in 1 server affects your website loading time, and likewise bounce rate is due to slow server reaction.

I will recommend you examine your site loading time with the Google site speed test tool and fix all the issues. Move your website or blog to cloud hosting, so that, you will have just your site hosted on 1 server with high bandwidth and response rate.

Back