Hiring formatters & editors... anyone do this?

Degree
I currently find that formatting and editing my posts (after my writers finish an article)... takes a lot of my time. Is there anyone who outsources this or found it useful? I feel it is tough to find the right hire for this.

Yes, this is definitely a bottle neck.

You do want to outsource this and yes, it will be difficult.

In my experience, you want to build a relationship with someone from Fiverr or Upwork.

Begin with easy posts which are easy to explain how to do, then gradually work towards more advanced posts.

These kind of tasks are actually popular among freelancers. They're easy to do. Copy paste, once they understand how to do it.

Create detailed SOP's for these tasks. Include videos. Will make the whole thing much easier.

Once you have your hires in place, figure out which ones are the best and make them the lead. Give the lead(s) a bump in pay and make one of their new responsibilities to update the SOP's. Once these things are all in place it makes scaling content so much easier and faster. Also make hiring new people and getting them up to speed, much easier and faster.

You'll spend a lot of time getting this all set up, but once it you have it you'll be playing on a different level.

Create detailed SOP's for these tasks. Include videos. Will make the whole thing much easier.

Once you have your hires in place, figure out which ones are the best and make them the lead. Give the lead(s) a bump in pay and make one of their new responsibilities to update the SOP's. Once these things are all in place it makes scaling content so much easier and faster. Also make hiring new people and getting them up to speed, much easier and faster.

You'll spend a lot of time getting this all set up, but once it you have it you'll be playing on a different level.

This is basically how I ran a 7 figure collection of sites, at scale.

Bonus your good employees and keep them around forever.

Once you've written the SOP, you can figure out what hard skills and soft skills a person should have and write that in the job ad as well as the job description and interview questions.

This was extremely helpful from each of you that have posted. I truly appreciate this advice.

It’s where my mind has been at since I’ve read @MrMedia post a while back on selling his portfolio of sites @Ryuzaki , @bernard & @Sutra ‘s posts that I observe from the sidelines have gotten me to this point in a matter of month. Just stating this to give feedback that your replies dont go un-noticed.

Keep in mind im new- My 30 blog posts in the saturated tech niche are grabbing me about $20/day from ads and $1 from amazon... my traffic has randomly. returned from the dec 3rd update.

I guess its time to invest some serious capital into this process outlined in this thread (SOPs and hires / playing on a different level)

This thread is actually really exciting... im executing on this & I’ll report back once I’ve seen any sort of result in case anyone is interested

Last edited:
@AhFreshMeat we've been using "Docs to Markdown" Google Docs extension for automatically exporting articles with all the HTML tags and it's sped up the time to publish dramatically.

When you're new I always think you've got go through some of the pain yourself initially so when you hire you can write better SOPs.

@goodcopbadcop, thanks for your suggestions to use "Docs to Markdown" Google Docs extension. This is a nice addon and will cut down on my Article posting time (formatting specifically) in WP.
Any other cool tools for Google Doc or Sheet?

Since this work does not require any special expertise - only the ability to follow directions closely - I have had good success with uni students from around where I live (third-world country). They are happy even with lower-grade pay and really put in the effort.

Since this work does not require any special expertise - only the ability to follow directions closely - I have had good success with uni students from around where I live (third-world country). They are happy even with lower-grade pay and really put in the effort.
Thanks for this input- What third world country is this? Not sure how I'd find them since I'm from the USA though

Thanks for this input- What third world country is this? Not sure how I'd find them since I'm from the USA though
Russia, but Ukraine, Belarus, and other Eastern European countries work as well. The largest freelance workplace is kwork.ru, I would try there.

This is something that I put off for ages, but it's such a big time saver.

The one thing to remember is that it won't be perfect at the start, and you will have to keep editing your SOPs when you get feedback from your editors.

But once you have your SOPs in place, along with your writers, you can fire through 100s of articles per month, which is essential if you want to scale.

If you say it is tough to find the right hire for this, there you need to document the steps better. Once you have your SOPs in place anyone who can speak English should be able to follow them.

I usually find my editors on Upwork.

Back