High Value Mens' Shoes: What are you favorite Loafers / Drivers?

Question to @CCarter @Ryuzaki you said you both dress up for work. What do you wear while working from home?
I don't make it that complicated. I put on khaki's of my typical colors (light brown, dark brown, dark blue, grey), put on "dress socks", put on non-tennis shoes (so nicer casual dress shoes typically), and then some kind of shirt that preferably has some amount of buttons on it. That might be a nice t-shirt with fancy threading and 3 buttons at the top, or a long-sleeve, etc. I don't do Polo type shirts any more (t-shirts with a collar, basically). The shirt choice depends on the weather. Sometimes a casual vest might go over it.

So basically, I always opt for casual-nice, but never fully dressed up in a suit or anything. This way I can pop my butt out of my chair and get in the car and go anywhere for my normal non-event stuff, and I'll always look nicer than everyone else I encounter, but not so nice that it's out-of-place.

What do you wear while working from home?
I don't work from home. It's a psychological situation about environment that I learned in psychology back in Uni. Your environment dictates your mood and emotions and more importantly your habits.

If you work from home, what happens is your place of "rest" becomes a source of "stress" because you are working from there.

Your home should be a source of comfort rather than stress. It's why productivity has fallen dramatically when working from home. There have been multiple sources on this since the pandemic and it's one of the reasons companies are trying to get employees back.

There are caveats, like if you are a programmer or someone that working on intense stuff, you don't have random other employees disrupting your concentration and all. But that can be solved by closed door and do-not-disturb signs.

If you have an office in your home, that's fine, but again one you start browsing, playing games, or other activities in your "office", the psychological impact of that "office" becomes more "entertainment" versus "work".

All my work is done at my office. It's better for me and most people to separate those two places.

Thanks for the responses guys. Wouldn't wear shoes at home myself, but I guess it's the culture differences between different countries. I've also found that working from office is better, might make renting a solo office one of my goals for 2023, let's see.

Since this thread is so off-topic already, figured I'd add a bit more fuel to the fire.

What are everyone's favorite bags/backpacks? Specifically for carrying your laptop going somewhere.

Bags are easier I guess, you can always get some leather thing and call it a day. It's the nicer-looking backpacks I'm interested in, that don't sacrifice on comfort too much.

I don't think it's possible to carry a backpack with a suit though. Every time I see it it looks so abysmal. Would love to see someone prove me wrong here, but I think it's hopeless.

laptop going

I have this one TomToc 360 protective Laptop, nice and sleek, gets the job done. It has a shoulder strap as well.

Now if you just want to troll peasants there is this bad boy (they only have the black version now though): Aluminum Laptop Armor

LA_headers_L_1417a.jpg

I still have one of those and bring it out every now and then.

You can also get an engraved version: Brahma Case 17.5" Silver Aluminum Briefcase *NEW*

But that version doesn't look like it has the padding like the previous. The padding on the previous is adjustable for your laptop size.

Now for those "in the field" for real and are negotiating with unstable "individuals", you'll want to get a REAL bulletproof version: Bulletproof Laptop Case

General rule of thumb as a man is to not look like a child. Wearing a backpack makes you look like a child or are still in school. Think of the Madmen Don Draper character:

mad-men.jpg

Would you see him wearing a backpack? Wearing sneakers? Wearing crocs? Wearing jeans? Wearing shorts? Wearing backwards baseball caps? That's what children and high schoolers wear.

Since this thread is so off-topic already, figured I'd add a bit more fuel to the fire.

What are everyone's favorite bags/backpacks? Specifically for carrying your laptop going somewhere.

Bags are easier I guess, you can always get some leather thing and call it a day. It's the nicer-looking backpacks I'm interested in, that don't sacrifice on comfort too much.

I don't think it's possible to carry a backpack with a suit though. Every time I see it it looks so abysmal. Would love to see someone prove me wrong here, but I think it's hopeless.

Any time I see a dude in a suit wearing a backpack, it just looks so silly to me, regardless of how 'professional' the style of the backpack is.

For every-day use I have the YSL Sac De Jour Large Briefcase in Grained Leather. Love that thing. I keep the shoulder strap with it, but removed that lock and lock strap though, hah.

2ddFkba.png

0xGHREs.png

Back