High Value Mens' Shoes: What are you favorite Loafers / Drivers?

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
What are you favoriate Loafers / Drivers?

I've always been a Ferragamo guy myself but i'm looking to branch out into different shoes now.

I'm thinking of Cole Haan? I've always heard they were really comfortable but no real clue.

And also, what are the fits of shoes you've had? Which are spot on and which brands need you to wear a size down / up?

I'm thinking of Cole Haan? I've always heard they were really comfortable but no real clue.

Yeah they are extremely comfortable. They get the job done and solidify the look. I have about 9 pairs of their Oxfords: Wingtip Oxford.

Ya'll boys need to suit up already. Boys wear sneakers, men wear shoes.

While we are on the subject Initio's Oud For Greatness is the most Boss level fragrance there is. Creed Aventus is clearly the final boss, like when a chick smells that, they'll come to YOU. But Oud for Greatness gets the job done for day to day.

There is also my secret for "playtime" mood, Hypnotizing Fire. I feel like some of ya'll boys still wearing polo from high school.

Another secret, performance undershirts. Once I was standing in the desert in a full suit, performance undershirt, performance underwear, performance shirt, performance suit - not a single drop of sweat while everyone else was drenched.

Now we got some real shit to talk about!

I strongly recommend you get a pair of crocs. I love mine. They replaced the expensive bullshit.
10 out of 10. Except when it rains.

pair of crocs

"We'll keep that in mind."

For some of ya'll that are un-initiated you can order sample sizes for fragrances, always check the official site first, but there are "micro-samples" as well, where you can test out different smells and see what you like. Initio's Initiation selection is a great starter.

The Harmonist's Discover kit is also a great start. Velet Fire and Hypontizing Fire is in that bitch too.

You don't want to smell the same every day, different moods call for different smells. Like Tom Ford's Noir Extreme should be worn during the cold temperatures versus regular Noir for warm temperatures.

For shirts Charles Tyrwhitt has the performance needs you require.

Always go for the Men in Black look. Anything outlandish like Gucci belts or orange shirts has you looking like a clown to the initiated.

"We'll keep that in mind."

For some of ya'll that are un-initiated you can order sample sizes for fragrances, always check the official site first, but there are "micro-samples" as well, where you can test out different smells and see what you like. Initio's Initiation selection is a great starter.

The Harmonist's Discover kit is also a great start. Velet Fire and Hypontizing Fire is in that bitch too.

You don't want to smell the same every day, different moods call for different smells. Like Tom Ford's Noir Extreme should be worn during the cold temperatures versus regular Noir for warm temperatures.

For shirts Charles Tyrwhitt has the performance needs you require.

Always go for the Men in Black look. Anything outlandish like Gucci belts or orange shirts has you looking like a clown to the initiated.

Some years ago I had an associate who gave me all the 'tips' on this . Educated me on a lot.

Wearing the loafers without the socks, what that says
Making sure the seams fit properly on the shoulder

and of course i worked around fashion a while and learned small things:
Properly adjusting the watch band
Why everyone should have a steamer in the house
Having good hat options

But right now I need information on the Loafers/Drivers

Are the Cole Haans you have true to fit? Loafers?

I dress poor so that no one asks me for money. You dress "high value" you get pestered by leeches. Best tip my mom ever gave me.

Tiger versus Lions.

Tigers hunt and live alone. They are essentially lone wolves.

Lions are social cats, they have a pride they lead.

In order to elevate up in society you'll need to network and become social creatures.

If you don't want to level up then ok.

Life is already hard enough, dress is a cheat code to get past a lot of barriers.

The way you dress shows the world what you think about yourself.

It represents your self-esteem and your self-worth.

It also represents your wife/girlfriend. It shows that she choose a man of consequence.

If you dress like shit you can't complain when Men of Consequence do not deem you worthy to interact with you, do business with you, introduce you to their business associates and network. You essentially stunt your social growth.

Life is about humans and networking is a part of leveling up.

Everyone on earth judges a book by its cover.

The reality is a lot of you guys shy away from becoming your true self because you've been shamed of how powerful you are by society. I'm not ashame.

When you have women giggling and swooning around you and gentleman calling you "Sir" Perhaps you are a man of consequence.

Even if you are a Tiger dress beyond everyone around you automatically elevates you in their minds: "This is a person that takes themselves serious. This is a person that takes their life serious. This a man of consequence."

Tiger versus Lions.

In order to elevate up in society you'll need to network and become social creatures.

Life is already hard enough, dress is a cheat code to get past a lot of barriers.

It also represents your wife/girlfriend. It shows that she choose a man of consequence.

If you dress like shit you can't complain when Men of Consequence do not deem you worthy to interact with you, do business with you, introduce you to their business associates and network. You essentially stunt your social growth.

The reality is a lot of you guys shy away from becoming your true self because you've been shamed of how powerful you are by society. I'm not ashame.

When you have women giggling and swooning around you and gentleman calling you "Sir" Perhaps you are a man of consequence.

Even if you are a Tiger dress beyond everyone around you automatically elevates you in their minds: "This is a person that takes themselves serious. This is a person that takes their life serious. This a man of consequence."
Miami is sooo superficial.

Miami is sooo superficial.

Why are you here? If you don't want to dress better why not ignore the thread and move on? It's like the croc comment. You guys want to waste time throwing threads off cause you are clearly uncomfortable. When you have to resort to personal attacks you realize that you've lost the argument.

@CCarter What about the shoes? Do they fit bigger than norm or the same?

Currently international and I'm a size 14 normally. They dont have my size in this country much so I dont expect the 2 stores they do have of Cole Haan to have my size. In case I buy from Amazon or something, I need opinion.

@CCarter What about the shoes? Do they fit bigger than norm or the same?
I've never tried the Loafers nor Drivers from Cole Haan. The Oxfords I've got all fit well. Not snuggle nor loose according to my size.

But I've never recalled problems with shoes sizes not working out so that's out of my depth.

Tiger versus Lions.

Need the "Like" button for this.

Welp.
Now it obvious who grew up poor lol.

Welp.
Now it obvious who grew up poor lol.
I may start a different thread about this somewhere more appropriate, but I've really been wrestling with this exact thing the past 6-8 months or so. I've gotten so much mileage out of confronting it and really digging down into it.

I'm thinking of some Cole Haans like these:
shoe 1 - shoe 2

Something for my light blue denim apparel

Tommy Egan on Power

Speaking of which, Roman Roy from Succession has probably got the best style. He's retarded but his clothes are always on point.

Also for the cold season Faherty makes some of the best Cardigans. Real comfortable Baby Alpaca and Llama.

I have 4 different thunderbird designs from them. Get your girl a duster from them while you are it. It's like laying in a cloud.

I was actually looking for a new fragrance. But for shoes, I love boots and I'll wear them all day. Anyone have suggestions? I have a few timbs but nice ones that don't look like the OG timbs. I've been buying boots lately ever since I saw Tommy Egan on Power, his attire is on point.

Kind of like these:
https://www.timberland.com/shop/mens-redwood-falls-waterproof-boots-brown-tan-a44myf13
I love Red Wing boots. I have three pairs of the Iron Rangers in different colors. Love them. They have some styles similar to what you posted as well.

I've started following a lot of men's fashion infleuencers lately, I'll check my Pinterest and see what I can round up for you.
Could you recommend an offensively pine-heavy aka mAsCuLine beard oil as well? I want those curly tips to match my inner classic gentleman. ....mmmmmmmlady!

I was actually looking for a new fragrance. But for shoes, I love boots and I'll wear them all day. Anyone have suggestions? I have a few timbs but nice ones that don't look like the OG timbs. I've been buying boots lately ever since I saw Tommy Egan on Power, his attire is on point.

Kind of like these:
https://www.timberland.com/shop/mens-redwood-falls-waterproof-boots-brown-tan-a44myf13
It IS my buddy! I've also been looking for a new fragrance too, although hard to justify wearing it around where I live these days. Boots on the other hand, now that is a quality footwear investment! Durable, utilitarian, stylish, re-craftable, good USA-made options.. say no more!

I relocated to the PNW and boots are as practical as sneakers here, didn't think it was possible to live in an area more demanding of pragmatic footwear than the midwest.. @Sutra is on point with the Iron Rangers, very similar silhouette to the Timbs you shared, but much higher quality.

Only heard good things about Red Wings from friends but if you're open to alternatives Danner Boots has some great product as well, I've got the Danner Light hiking boot and Bullrun Moc Toe work boot and they're two of my more prized possessions. They have sales twice annually (BF and forget the other), have't paid retail yet! :D

Last edited:
Now to really make the Po Folks uncomfortable, custom and tailored shirts and suits. Here is a site that you can utilize to create custom shirts and suits: Custom Tailored Suits

Remember only "Men in Black", meaning black or dark/navy blue. 2 button suits, only top button buttoned. Simple pocket square, nothing flashy. 3 piece suit (vest, jacket, and slacks) for colder areas. Warming climates go with a 2 piece.

Ties, when tying them should be double Windsor, anything less is just uncivilized.

You CAN go above with an Eldredge Tie Knot:

NMXOqQ3.jpg

But... you gotta know what you are doing.

No cufflinks with suits - obviously. "Just like the last time you ate at the Palace, I'm sure..."

For the uninitiated go to a local tailor and get your measurements done. Neck, shoulders, chest, belly and waist, arm length and leg length. Once you get those you can get the suit and your shirts made just right so there is no bagginess or sloppiness. If you get something off the rack, like a savage, go to your tailor to get it fitted for you.

Again Men In Black Look:

WjbNqNd.jpg

Make sure to top it off with some Cartier Sunglasses to finish off the Po Folks.

No chick should get past you at this point. Unless you look like the hunchback of Notre Dame.

Also don't hold anything in your hands. And keep your hands out of your pockets, to your side and never hidden. And stop looking at your fucking phones you idiots. When you pass a man look at him dead in the eyes until one of you breaks frame, preferably him.

This probably sounds corny but I love this thread, lots of great suggestions. I bought a nice outfit a while back and I felt amazing but 9 times out of 10 I feel like I can't pull it off. I'm definitely getting a custom tailored suit next.

Speaking of which, Roman Roy from Succession has probably got the best style. He's retarded but his clothes are always on point.

Also for the cold season Faherty makes some of the best Cardigans. Real comfortable Baby Alpaca and Llama.

I have 4 different thunderbird designs from them. Get your girl a duster from them while you are it. It's like laying in a cloud.
I've never seen Succession so I can't give an opinion but Tommy Egan has the best jackets and boots in the game. The actor who plays that character, Joseph Sikora, dresses the same outside of the show.
I'm not sure how I feel about Cardigans, my buddy has one and it looks nice on him but I'm still back and forth. I think because he's a stoner and the image of a cardigan automatically makes me think stoner. My girl was going to buy me a $500 cardigan but I told her no because I didn't think I could pull it off.

I love Red Wing boots. I have three pairs of the Iron Rangers in different colors. Love them. They have some styles similar to what you posted as well.
I have a pair of Red Wings for work, the best boots I've ever worn! My left foot is weird, I guess I put a lot of pressure towards the inside of my left foot. So over a short period of time, the back of my left boot/shoe wears down easier towards the inside. So then my left foot hurts because I'm walking kind of like an angle towards the inside of my foot if that makes sense. The back of my boot goes on a slant and it hurts to walk on.
It's only for my left foot, so Red Wings measures you're foot on that machine and suggests what inserts to use. Normally I would use Timberland Pro's for work and they would last at most 6 months. These new Red Wings have lasted almost a year now without having problems with my left foot.

It IS my buddy! I've also been looking for a new fragrance too, although hard to justify wearing it around where I live these days. Boots on the other hand, now that is a quality footwear investment! Durable, utilitarian, stylish, re-craftable, good USA-made options.. say no more!

I relocated to the PNW and boots are as practical as sneakers here, didn't think it was possible to live in an area more demanding of pragmatic footwear than the midwest.. @Sutra is on point with the Iron Rangers, very similar silhouette to the Timbs you shared, but much higher quality.

Only heard good things about Red Wings from friends but if you're open to alternatives Danner Boots has some great product as well, I've got the Danner Light hiking boot and Bullrun Moc Toe work boot and they're two of my more prized possessions. They have sales twice annually (BF and forget the other), have't paid retail yet! :D
Did we just become best friends?! lol but the style with some of these boots are clean and look super nice. I think you're both right, I might have to get a pair of Red Wings for not work related, they are definitely worth the money! I'll have to take a look at those Danner Boots.

Cardigans

Cardigans are for places where you already command the room. Everyone knows you and respects you. It's not supposed to be for situations where new individuals see you.

First impressions matter. That's why most men should default to the Men In Black look until they feel comfortable and can command others' presence.

I know a lot of this is foreign to people sitting behind a computer all day, but if you want to lead you have to look better than your troops and act accordingly.

I know 9 programming languages but no one would guess that when meeting me and seeing me. Why? Cause I don't dress, act, or talk like a computer nerd.

By the way - when you savages are at a proper dinner table (not no dixie plates with red solo cups) - 5 or 7 courses, you start with the utensils from the outside in. Savages.

Back