Help with a plan

Degree
Hey guys,
I will save you all my back story except to say that I used to be reasonably successful with black hat see some years ago. Obviously that all changed and subsequently I really have done little in the way of I'M for ages. So I'm basically out of the loop.

I really want to start developing an online income stream again but need a bit of help getting back in the groove.

I have a range of tech skills and can put sites together and code in pop. I'm also not bad at integrating stripe and other payment gateways.

So after all of that, I sat down and looked at some of my past failures. It's clear that I always lack the ability to get traffic. I end up abandoning the project because I simply couldn't get the traffic with out paying for it.

I would also suggest that there was some motivation issues as well as instant gratification issues as well.

Anyway, I think I have summed up why I have been failing. So my question is.... What can I do, with out using see to drive actual readers to my site.

I know it's a broad question but I really need a kick in the as please

to drive traffic/readers to your sites the best thing is to find out who your audience is and where they hang outboth online and offline then simply start to advertise your site in a subtle way and remember that every site in your niche is a potential traffic platform for you, even if it's a blog on a related topic or same topic, in that case you have two options either reach out to the blog owner and see if you can do a guest post or simply make a comment that rocks the audience and starts sending traffic your way.
But most importantly is to look at every site on the internet as potential traffic leak

Okay, so thinking about this logically. SEO sucks balls and I shouldn't really be concentrating on something that takes heaps of effort and rests in G's hands. So i'm just reading through some of the traffic leaks threads trying to come to grips with what needs to be done to drive that traffic to me.

Subsequently, I'll give you my sites current (horrific) stats as a starting place:
stats.png

So as you can see thats a shocking starting point for me. I suspect most of the traffic is bots and other crap anyway. Site is content heavy with text on a specific finance subject.

So if you all dont mind I will probably post some pointed questions as I go and also my results.

Quick Update.
So I have just spent the past two hours reading up on the brand checklist thread on WF and the on-site page post here. A quick assesment tells me that my site looks like a big, giant turd. The awesome content is hamstrung with a theme thats shit and it looks like a wordpress blog.

So I think this week will be all about fixing the site
  • New layout and theme
  • Decent logo
  • speed-up
  • content-reformat and addition of video
  • CTA on all pages
  • myriad of other small tasks
So its a shitload of work...and ill no doubt be up to midnight tonight lol.

Day 1: update
  • Spent most of the day changing the wordpress theme and customizing the design of the site. It now looks like a magazine/news portal and doesn't scream wordpress. In fact, it kinda looks a bit like CNN
  • New Logo Outsourced to Fiverr
  • Added a new contact us page that has a phone number that goes to voicemail and other contact details.
  • Added a privacy policy and TOS

Yeah fair point Badya, Hopefully a mod sees this and can move the thread for me.

:smile:

This thread's fine in the O Room for now, feel free to start one in the Lab when you have something more concrete.

Back