Hawk Host (Shared Hosting)

Prentzz

BuSo Pro
Degree
Hey, I'm looking for a host and was considering Hawk Host. If anyone has any opinions about them or any other shared hosts then let me know. I'd love to upgrade to a VPS but being at university atm money is quite tight, but I'm open to all suggestions!

Thanks

I am too at a university, and I'm with Bluehost. I know they aren't the best, but I have never had any issues with them. I keep seeing this ads on Flippa for hosting at Hostgator for 1 cent. Maybe give them a try.

I've been with HG before and it was okay, obviously you get what you pay for. But I've seen a few people talking down about it recently so was just wondering if anyone wanted to recommend any other options. It does have the advantage of being incredibly simple + unlimited bandwidth etc

Host gator was great 5 years ago but they have really gone down hill since they were brought out i would avoid them like the plauge

My site is hosted at HawkHost and I am pretty satisfied. Before them I was on shared Hostgator plan. I took black friday deal for semi dedicated plan. My sites speed increased, they transferred my sites for me and their customer service is top notch, they answer my questions under an hour. Nothing to complain about, for now.

Hey, is it really okay to place ref links here on BuSo? I don't mind to click on ref link and even am glad to help bros who are giving a valuable info and helping others; but come on, be honest and say this is a ref link.

Hey, is it really okay to place ref links here on BuSo? I don't mind to click on ref link and even am glad to help bros who are giving a valuable info and helping others; but come on, be honest and say this is a ref link.

Personal affiliate links are not allowed. If you see a referral link posted by a moderator, it's BuSo official and is definitely helping out all of the bro's here. I've edited out the offending link in this thread.

Affiliate link or not, I still strongly recommend Webhostingpad. They've got a great support team and a very easy CPanel interface. Second to that I recommend Bluehost.

I used Hawk Host few years back for few small sites and at least for me everything worked always smoothly.

Think I'm going to go with Hawk Host. If anyone has a referral link I'd be willing to use it, just PM it me instead of putting it in the thread.

Saw Blue Host recommended, and I'd STRONGLY recommend against them. Their support started off average and at the end was so unbelievably bad it was like they were actively trying to get me to drop them.

Saw Blue Host recommended, and I'd STRONGLY recommend against them. Their support started off average and at the end was so unbelievably bad it was like they were actively trying to get me to drop them.
Yeah I had a bad support rep recently, who dropped the chat on me and was posting replies in my chat that were meant to be for other chats.

I don't usually require much help from their support team, and the servers run and I can't remember having any down time. Good deal for 4.95$ a month for a month as a student.

I guess it comes down to personal experience/preference.

It's not just bad reps, it's the policies as well. I sold a site and the person I sold it to was going to just take over the account. They wanted us to both get notarized statements of transfer before they'd do it.

They also charge $100 for site transfers while most others are free.

I am on Dreamhost's shared plan and have been for a while. Haven't had any issues myself, support is fairly timely. They have fast servers and are advertising SSD drives on their hardware. I see with no discount they are $8.95/mo and with an affiliate link you can get a discount on that.

Anyone else have experience with them?

Back