Guy made over 40k gold farming in 3 months

Degree
I know a few of you guys were asking me and Andrew questions when we first joined the forums, as we were both quite heavily into the gold farming scene.

Just thought i would share this video to show what people have done publicly.

Personally I think hes an idiot as it outs him to Jagex's lawyers and he should of learnt from his mistakes when one of his 'friends' got jealous and told games developers what he was doing.

I've met guys who make mid-high 6 figures a year gold farming. I was never that good but if you have the eye for it there's a lot of money to be made.

Maybe a waste for you guys or it may get your creative juices flowing but theres an awful lot of money in lazy gamers :wink:

edit: current wholesale old school runescape gold prices are about $2.3 a mill

People always ruin a good thing. I brokered $3XX,XXX worth of virtual currency for various games over a 3-4 year span. Certain currencies started out at $100/mill and are now down as low as $2-3/mill.

Absolutely fascinating. I tried this with another game about 6 months ago; but didn't scale at all. Maybe worth another look

I'm reluctant to talk about any jagex games as they are one of the few companies which will sue if your banking off there game, (they sued a bot developer for over 1million usd a few years ago.)

And seeing as im in the UK not too far away from them i dont want lawyers knocking on my door.

gold sellers are in the same league as the pharma guys and adult guys for the black hat web stuff they do though. its quiet impressive. it probably helps that most of them are in china so can get away with alot more

it probably helps that most of them are in china so can get away with alot more

Have you ever seen the documentaries showing the Chinese workers in a desktop sweatshop doing nothing but grinding out gold on games? I've seen stuff where they eat one bowl of gruel a day at their desk and then sleep on a little pad underneath it. And its like 30 desks and computers in one hot room. So ridiculous. It's definitely not all botting, especially on the more sophisticated games.

You COULD at one time make a ton of in-game money botting the WoW auction house. Even on Diablo 3 they tried to combat this type of equipment and gold selling by offering a real money auction house, but they eventually shut that down since it went against the grind nature of the game.

I don't know. Money or not, it's not the answer I want to give to someone who asks me how I made my fortune or what I do for a living. It's definitely interesting though.

Heck, even on this little flash MMORPG Realm of the Mad Gods the chat is full of gold selling spammers. It must be lucrative. I forget how many people are willing to buy or cheat their way through games and life. Want to be skinny? Buy a treadmill. Want to be a rockstar? Buy a guitar. Forget actually using either, just buy them!

Ryuzaki I didnt make my statement clear, when i said that it probably helps that most of them are china.
What i meant in fact was that the gold sellers (not gold farmers) are based in china as they dont have to deal with the C&D's / legal crap which game developers would try and throw at you if you were a big player in the western world.

When we use to sell bulk gold (1 - 2 bill a day) we only use to sell it to the chinese as they are the only ones with the clout to buy that bulk daily.

Dont get me wrong you get a lot of kids who sell online game gold on forums but they are on the small scale of things.

Telling people what i do is one of the reasons im moving away from gold farming its ironically one of the few set and forget, (run this computer program 24 hours a day and you will make money) ideas which is actually legitimate. Though very rarely is this the case and chances are you will be up every 3 hours checking bots is how it usally works.

Back