Google's Submit URL tool not working

Degree
The last roughly 4 days the Google Submit URL linked below has not been working for me. I have tried tons of different URLs from different domains and NONE have been indexed. I have been using this tool for years when in a rush for indexing a page on Google. 99% of the time after adding the URL it can be found on Google search within a few seconds. So this is really abnormal to say the least. I did a little searching and found that many others on the Google forums are noticing this. Anyone know what the deal is with this ?

Google is making it harder to spam their index. Be patient, the slower rate of indexing new content has been going on for much longer than 4 days.

Good content will get indexed on its' own as long as it's discoverable. There's no need to force it into the index.

It’s been like that for a while now, it can take weeks to index a new post by using the submit tool or fetch tool.

What I do now to index a new post is interlink from a high ranking page on my site, it gets indexed a lot faster.

Is the content you're trying to get indexed decent? I've had success with really cruddy but good old links that Ahrefs picks up that Google doesn't have indexed. But I've had a ton they refuse to index too, all pretty bad content from old and terrible forums or web 2.0's.

You might check to see if the pages are set for noindex or not or if the domains are penalized and not indexed.

Took me 4 weeks to see a site get indexed. You need to wait at least that long before yo can now for sure if it's facing any penalties. I've noticed this change in Google as far back as January.

"Fetch as Google" has also gotten a lot slower. I used to be able to use for instantly updating my meta titles, descriptions and alike.
Nowadays patient is required - I have found myself in peace with "natural crawling", just optimizing as much as I can for Google to find and index the new content. Good content usually gets indexed pretty fast.

Back