Google's New Matched Content (Native Ads)

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
And Google is now in the game for select publishers in select regions. I'm sure it'll be widely available soon if it performs well:

AXsPxGZ.png

The word from Google:

Starting today, you can use Matched content units to directly generate revenue by allowing ads to appear alongside your recommended content.

With the new “Allow ads” feature, relevant ads will appear within your Matched content units, and will be styled to complement the look and feel of your content recommendations. We'll gradually roll this feature out to all Matched content eligible publishers across the globe over the coming weeks. To enable ads, visit your My ads tab and choose “Allow ads” for your Matched content units.
What people are currently saying is that it replaces your Adsense blocks some times and grabs your own featured images and just shuttles users around your own site (for now). Once there's enough data and advertisers, it'll start populating with other site's content and that's when you'll make the cash.

The slider aspect of it is nice. You catch someone in that and they are bound to click something.

May be something to keep an eye on if you're in the high volume, low value traffic game.

I tried it last month. They didn't have the ads attached to it. I removed it because it caused my sharing widgets to act weird. Seemed like it had to with Googles Scrolling effect for the matched content. I thought it was a bug in the Sumo me sharing plugin. So uninstaled and installed the Mashare plugin, same thing. So removed Google. If that's resolved may try it again later after done testing Taboola and Kixer.

Back