Google's Full Width Auto Complete/Suggest

RiverStyx

Boot Camp
Degree
This is a newish feature Google rolled out in December and I was wondering if any of you fine SEO's on this forum have any idea where they pull the logos from in the new full width autosuggest feature? My best guess is they're pulling them from GMB accounts. I have a client that wants to show up in the autosuggest - and they should, they are relevant, but instead only their comp is showing up. The only difference I can see is that the comp has Maps listings and presumebly GMB accounts whereas my client does not.

Thoughts? (and feelings if you're in the mood lol)

I'm assuming it's the favicon. It used to be that we'd use tiny little 16px by 16px favicons but these days Google recommends using favicons that are any multiple of 48px squares, meaning 96px, 144px, and even higher. They downscale these for tiny favicons and use the full scale versions for all kinds of rich SERP features.

Actual inclusion is a whole other topic. I'm not sure what it's requiring but I'm seeing it for all kinds of entities like movies, football teams, companies, people, etc. I'm guess they're pulling from Wikimedia (meaning you need a Wikipedia page).

I've never seen this before now because I never search from Google but from my address bar, so I'm also just guessing about the Wikimedia part. There's definitely something going on with entities though.

Interesting, the client in question does have a wikipedia page and a favicon on their site. I'll check with them what size favicon they're using though and if it's too small we'll try adjusting it and see if that makes any difference. I still think it might be pulling from a GMB profile though as that is the one thing this client is missing compared to the comp. But the favicon is a good suggestion, thanks @Ryuzaki

Back