Google Search Results Page Indexing Errors?

Degree
I've got this problems with Google search results

Excluded by ‘noindex’ tag ( here I've got this for feed some urls like this nameofarticle/feed )
Alternate page with proper canonical tag (some weird category pages got this example problem is like this : somecategory/page/10/)

Not sure should I fix this or just leave as it is?

This is answered in the newbie question thread. I know because I asked the dame question lol.

Shorts answer: ignore it

From @Ryuzaki on this post:

Google crawls everything and anything, even implied URLs. They’re just telling you they found something, crawled it, and didn’t index it. RSS feeds are a prime example, as you’ve illustrated.

nameofarticle/feed
To add more details, these are usually comment feeds for people that want to subscribe and see any new comments. It's just another type of RSS feed that will get crawled because links to them exist, either in a button or in the HTML header's meta data. They should be crawled and should not be indexed. No problem here.

somecategory/page/10/
It sounds like you've got something set up to make the first page of a category the canonical version (so that Google isn't trying to rank 10+ pages of it and having them compete against each other. I think this is good. They're just letting you know that they know there is a canonical in place. I actually set anything past the first page to noindex, but the canonical is fine too.

By default Wordpress has all these "paged" pages of archives indexable and it's not a problem for most sites as long as you're not dumb and creating 10,000 tags with 1 post each in them, etc. That's the real danger people run into, and it absolutely can get you Panda'd.

To add more details, these are usually comment feeds for people that want to subscribe and see any new comments. It's just another type of RSS feed that will get crawled because links to them exist, either in a button or in the HTML header's meta data. They should be crawled and should not be indexed. No problem here.

It sounds like you've got something set up to make the first page of a category the canonical version (so that Google isn't trying to rank 10+ pages of it and having them compete against each other. I think this is good. They're just letting you know that they know there is a canonical in place. I actually set anything past the first page to noindex, but the canonical is fine too.

By default Wordpress has all these "paged" pages of archives indexable and it's not a problem for most sites as long as you're not dumb and creating 10,000 tags with 1 post each in them, etc. That's the real danger people run into, and it absolutely can get you Panda'd.
Thank you for reply both of you guys.

Would you make this "pages" archivable or is it okay to leave them as they are. I find out that older articles usually drop in rankings (also because of competitiors) could indexable paged pages help?

Would you make this "pages" archivable or is it okay to leave them as they are.
I think you're asking if they should remain indexable. It's fine. It's how 99.9% of sites do it and they're okay. There are the rare sites that create a million tags and categories and put 1 post each in them, and they screw themselves over by having 1,000 nearly empty pages indexed compared to their 50 actual posts. If you aren't doing that, you're fine.

I find out that older articles usually drop in rankings (also because of competitiors) could indexable paged pages help?
It's not really related. Even if the pages aren't indexed, they're still passing page rank around. If they are indexed, they're still passing page rank around. It's not going to make a difference for your problem.

Older articles will drop in rankings if they "deserve freshness" and aren't being updated. They can drop if stronger competitors target those keywords and outrank you. Google can change their algorithm in such a way that your pages drop. There's not going to be any easy answer to this other than to get more links to the pages and to your domain, and keep publishing more content so no single page matters that much in the grand scheme of things.

Back