Google Manual Penalties - I Recently Got 17 Manual Ones

If any editors from Cosmopolitan are reading this they can PM me about making a contribution to the site.

While I take your point, I think, the site we're talking about is hardly cosmopolitan.com, in terms of authority (in any sense of the word), traffic, metrics and the like. Second (and this is probably more important) the niche I operate in is extremely conservative, for the lack of better words. It could not be further from anything sex or health related, so that's the vantage I'm coming from.

1) It was my private network PBNS
2) I also used some bought ones.
It was my ones that were an issue (as they got de-indexed - roughly 55 of them)

Still trying to work out what caused what as there are actually a few different causes I think.

Hi Alex,

Quick question do you host your PBNs separately from your money sites and if so how many would you group together? If anyone has more input on hosting and IPs things to watch out for that would be appreciated!

how many would you group together?

If anyone is grouping their PBNs together on the same IP address or even same C class (xxx.xxx.xxx.0) - words simply cannot express the FAIL. This is literally the simplest thing to detect, if a money site is getting the 5 links from websites on the same IP address or c class - it’s clearly suspicious.

Even going through cloudflare or a CDN doesn’t mask the originating IP address, I’ve proved it multiple times in this thread https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/google-will-display-http-websites-as-insecure.2173/

I’ll leave you with this quote from that thread:

If you REALLY want to link your website together make sure the website sending the outbound link has between 30 to 1000 daily visitors on the website beforehand - a good chunk coming from Google. Google won't de-index a website it has already determined to be valuable enough for it to send it traffic.​

If a site from your PBN has a good amount of traffic coming to it from Google you are good, if not it’s garbage and will be de-index. Logically - Why would Google keep a site in it’s database it doesn’t bother sending traffic to?

3) I bought an existing domain from TB solutions. I restored some web archive content. Did NO linking out. Added to a webmaster and it immediately got a spam content penalty.
The site looked decent, which is weird.
- no spam in web archive.
- no spam in backlinks

Just read this as I'm about to purchase a TB solutions domain and stopped, could it be possible their domain network is being watched by Google now? I have bought over 4k worth of domains from them in the past year without any issues.

I'm wondering if google reps don't do test buys to be able to see and potentially blacklist the network, makes sense to me if you have a massive webspam team why not just spend a couple of thousand on the most commonly used services and blacklist them. That's what scares me about services where you can see domain names.

I had 5 sites penalized in the update about 8 months ago, most of them were from pbns, one site had no pbns to it but had 1 link from one of the non pbn sites penalized, literally just 1 link on the whole site was enough to take it down. Bright side I recovered all sites back to pre penalty revenues.

@tyealia, my TB Solutions perfect went over fine. I don't think this is the same thing as crawling through a PBN. Otherwise why don't they just penalize every Flippa domain listing? Just because a domain is listed as having nice backlinks doesn't mean the buyer intends on being a spammer.

What's likely that happened in your quote is that Google penalized everything the guy had. When they catch you doing enough bad stuff they don't take the time to validate each penalty. They just hit everything you're currently working on and move on.

To confirm you're basing penalties based off of what your GSC is telling you and that they're gone once removed?

Back