Google I/O 2023 - Above the fold real estate to be 100% AI generated

Right, so when I made this post it wasn't very clear but it's good to know from beta testers like you the frequency!
Yes its clear they are doing a lot of testing. When they first opened the beta, almost EVERYTHING produced an A.I. search. Even vague two or three word searches got the A.I. box, even if it was clearly inaccurate.

Now, fewer and fewer A.I. searches are showing up. Today I had to do a search for a clear "how to" question in order to get one to pop (how do I tell if an egg is bad).

Anyone know of a tool that could be used to scrape generative search for a big list of keywords and tell me whether there is a big A.I. box for each term or not?

Back in July I had a VA go through a couple hundred keyword phrases that I was going to target with content, and manually search to see which ones generated an A.I. box. A huge % had an A.I. Box at that time.

Now I"m finding that google has backed off on this and a number of the same keywords do NOT have the A.I. Box anymore, or they have a little option to "click to view a.i. content" above the serps. Makes me wonder if google has been gathering data and realizing that people don't love that A.I. box like they thought they would.

SGE Might not be the bloodbath we think it will, depending on if people consider A.I. actually useful.

Back