Google Hates Him! See how this sneaky advertiser generated $600k+ in revenue while paying Google less.

Degree
So recently, there has been a lot of buzz around PMax. In some instances, it works. In some instances, it doesn't.
But there are other strategies from the old times that still work spectacularly on Google Ads.
With this client, we tried PMax, but most of the conversions were coming from branded clicks. We then switched to intent-based, tiered standard shopping campaigns.

With this strategy, you basically create multiple (2 or 3) standard shopping campaigns with different priority levels and add negative keywords based on intent (high, medium, low). I know that this explanation might've not made a lot of sense to you, so here's an overview of the strategy:

s8JOg3o.png

Write any questions you have below; I am happy to help.

So recently, there has been a lot of buzz around PMax. In some instances, it works. In some instances, it doesn't.
But there are other strategies from the old times that still work spectacularly on Google Ads.
With this client, we tried PMax, but most of the conversions were coming from branded clicks. We then switched to intent-based, tiered standard shopping campaigns.

With this strategy, you basically create multiple (2 or 3) standard shopping campaigns with different priority levels and add negative keywords based on intent (high, medium, low). I know that this explanation might've not made a lot of sense to you, so here's an overview of the strategy:

s8JOg3o.png

Write any questions you have below; I am happy to help.
I remember you from a year or two back. Glad you killing it.

I'm in the process of doing this now with my ecomm store haha!

PMAX has been such a load of rubbish. Annoyed I was delusional enough to allow to "let the machines handle it" when I've seen that end in blood nearly always. We'll see how it goes!

One addition that I think can be an enhancement to this strategy other than the tiered google-side setup:

CUSTOM feeds per intent/campaign group. Meet people where their intent is at.

Example:

1. Product-oriented keywords: Has product in title, maybe a deal. Pretty standard shopping ad that everyone does.

Keyword: [buy %product name%]

2. Top of Funnel Keywords: These consumers still need quite a bit of massaging, but google shopping ads pound the top of the SERP anyways. This is not that great. For these groups, you could upload CUSTOM feeds, that sell your product at the BOTTOM of the landing page, instead of the typical ecommerce ad that has a "buy now" with picture up top. The top of the landing page addresses the concern, and builds intent as they educate themselves. Then the bottom has the product.

Keyword: [How to %fix problem%, %problem% treatment]

Upload these custom feeds for each campaign, pertaining to your strategy. I haven't done this yet, but it's on the list. Anybody know any brand that actually pulls this off? I haven't seen it much in the wild.

Last edited:
Back