Google Algorithm Updates - 2023 Ongoing Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
November 2023 Reviews Update
Releasing now, around noon easter time. That's 6 updates in 4 months. Unprecedented.

November 2023 Reviews Update
Releasing now, around noon easter time. That's 6 updates in 4 months. Unprecedented.

Bruh...

If current results hold, this seems to be yet another positive one for me, but pages are still dropping out due to that "bug" we've been seeing.

Could they be related? I see some of those pages bounce back stronger than ever. An offline reevaluation of sorts?

Last edited:
Continuing record traffic and revenue but I have aged 25 years in 12 months.

Is the juice ($) worth the squeeze (continuous updates)....

I don't mind variance, but only if there's a meaning to the madness and we all sort of agree on what is expected of us.

An offline reevaluation of sorts?
What do you mean by this? As in your site was manually reviewed by quality raters after the updates/algo deemed certain pages not worthy of ranking?

Follow-up question: Any idea how Google determines which sites are important enough to require a manual review?

What do you mean by this? As in your site was manually reviewed by quality raters after the updates/algo deemed certain pages not worthy of ranking?

Follow-up question: Any idea how Google determines which sites are important enough to require a manual review?

Not manual, but perhaps some sort of comparison.

Is this serp better with this site in it or not.

Yeah, we are not slowing down building authority to our targets, our competition isnt.

I've seen you mention that you approach algo updates with a "head down and plow through" mentality. Is that how you're thinking about updates when you see comments like this from Google folks?

Yeah, we are not slowing down building authority to our targets, our competition isnt.

Same here.

I've not seen a SERP drop personally for my own stuff in 5+ years.

Always keep pumping out.

Always keep pumping out.

When you say "pumping out", what kind of velocity are you talking about?

I think you mentionied a finance or banking site with a low number of total pages... in an instance like that are you still pumping out new content, pumping out updates, or is that a different beast that you can just leave alone for periods of time without issue?

I like to post my content on other peoples sites. Especially get attention type content that pulls people away from the sales process.

Sometimes platforms or some other guys blog is just better positioned to gather the traffic or attention I want. Big keywords they're ranking with a topic page can feed you if you give them something that works with the traffic.
Also its easier to link build to a youtube video or a known medium writer than to your own site.

You can pull from their upstream rankings or actual users base with bigger platforms.

Last edited:
@secretagentdad thank you for explaining.

So it sounds like part of your strategy is to use traffic leaks in the comment sections of other websites and also to do guest posting on other people's websites. Is that correct?

And when you say...

Also its easier to link build to a youtube video or a known medium writer than to your own site.

Are you talking about building links to their content? Or are you talking about linking to youtube via a traffic leaks strategy?

Thank you again for the added insights!

I promote anything that promotes me as long as its positivish. Dunno why you would do anything else. Traffic doesn't always work out great with smaller platforms. I'd like to think I'm still getting seo value and brand impressions in on my audience.

They said the Nov core update was working on a different "core system" but from what I'm seeing with traffic, the Nov core update really was just a rollback of the Oct core update.

Either that or the reviews update is helping me a lot

Edit #2: Just checked, and it looks more like it's actually the reviews update. But I haven't done anything in terms of changing content or link building to any reviews.

Im thinking the frequency of updates this year has a lot to do with rolling back earlier changes.

Last edited:
ehF6dyn.jpg

My Twitter has been blowing up with this guy's story for the past two days. He states that he:
- picked a massive competitor
- downloaded the sitemap
- extracted the 1,800 keywords
- generated 1,800 AI blogs on those keywords
- ???
- got 500k sessions
Everyone on Twitter calls him a scammer, a piece of shit, and so on. My personal opinion is that he didn't do it. And it doesn't work. He just wanted a little extra visibility for his AI tool (using words like steal/heist and all that)...
So, what's your take on this story?

WTF is wrong with people? Why are they upset?

He looked at a competitor, identified keywords driving traffic, and wrote articles to try and win some of the traffic... Isn't that called SEO? Isn't that marketing?

I agree... he's sensationalizing it with words like "heist" and "steal" and frankly he's doing a hell of a job getting attention. Probably one of the best stunts in Q4 so far. Whether or not it's real doesn't matter to me. He's doing what he needs to do to get his message out.

For my 'Back to the Beginning' laboratory thread website, I'm doing the same thing for my site.

I took the ~250 individual posts, ran the title/main keyword through my AI spreadsheet, and blasted. If they get traffic, great, more competition to dissuade other shmups. If not, they make my main site look better. $15/year domain, $45/year hosting, $30 in AI-generated content, two man hours without editing.

Why are they upset?
Because they aren't creative enough to do it, so the vilify the people that take action.

“Weakness cannot persist in a power evolving universe.” - James Allen​

He looked at a competitor, identified keywords driving traffic, and wrote articles to try and win some of the traffic...

I took the ~250 individual posts,

Now imagine taking those articles from competitors and using the latest A.I. advancements in video, and creating audio and video content from the best performing ones, and then pushing those video into Youtube, TikTok, Twitter, and IG plus other social platforms, all automated, complete engulfing the competitor's senses.

Imagine their content showing up in Tiktok in video format while they scroll. Next level trolling...

And then translate those videos into other popular languages...

Actually wouldn't the translation of the article content with chatgpt also allow for additional engulfing.

Imagine your content is now showing up in 100 different languages... Makes you wonder...

Actually wouldn't the translation of the article content with chatgpt also allow for additional engulfing.
Did that as well using TranslatePress + DeepL. Also automatic, maybe another $40 for the DeepL API. None of that manual copy + pasting.

GHrdMrw.jpg

Pimpin all over the world.

But yeah, video would be a breezy next step.

EDIT: I met this guy from Honduras a few weeks ago. He was showing me videos on his YouTube shorts or TikTok or whatever, all shit I saw a few days prior just translated. Just hahah to jajaja

Last edited:
My Twitter has been blowing up with this guy's story for the past two days.

Lol. I have seen his posts and I removed him from my feed. I have been around long enough to tell a bullshitter when I see one and I am not referring to his latest post. If you check his post history - all he does is bloat about how he ranks websites in months and jacks their traffic to crazy amounts, etc.. like he knows some trick that no one else does. Classic SEO genius that will fail so many clients - they will come crawling to the actual SEO's.

He is pushing his AI tool that writes shit content and posts it to your website. That's all. Don't fall for all the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back