Google Algorithm Updates - 2023 Ongoing Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than 6m views on that Tweet (it was even picked up by Emmett Shear), I'd imagine this has been a big embarrassment for Google.

There is a disconnect between this generation and the previous. You see the previous generation would SHUT THE FUCK UP, and keep making money from this operation. This current generation simply wants clout, where it is, for their accomplishments. It's like a bank robber bragging on IG about a heist, instead of just keeping the money hidden for 20+ years.

What's more important - the clout or the money? The previous generation took the fucking money, this new generation rather get likes and clout.

Let's say I robbed a bank - do you think I'll be on the high-street giving podcast interviews and shit? What the fuck is wrong with you kids. Ya'll don't understand the Mystery Method of winning.

This is why Blackhat SEOs stopped talking, and have kept their mouths shut for the last 10 years. They aren't out here giving interviews about what they are doing, they are MAKING MONEY.

"There are no secrets, only mysteries. No one knows how to keep their mouth shut. Look at you, what did I tell you? Don't share anything. You all do! [..]
You're looking for approval for these morons with 40 IQs. It's so important to you to [..] If they agree with you then you're doing the wrong thing! [..] but you can't help yourself... [..]
you've looked for someone else's approval for validation of your own life [..] The KKR guys knew how to keep their mouths shut. You just can't do it.

You want someone to pat you on the head, good job. How's that's system got you so far?" - Dan Peña​

Looks like the site from his case study has been whacked:
More than 6m views on that Tweet (it was even picked up by Emmett Shear), I'd imagine this has been a big embarrassment for Google.

Fully expect the hammer to fall harder on generative AI sites in the near future.
That's the kind of 'gotcha' that makes me laugh at SEOs. It looks exactly like this tweet about Neil Patel (and the clapback from NP made me respect him so much more):

"LMAO, look at his traffic!!!"

"LMAO, look at my revenue. We moved on to bigger and more effective things than SEO. Stay on the playground; we're in the pros."

Just imagine the AI guy's organic traffic going to zero. Oh fuckin well, already reaped the benefits of getting a few hundred thousand people a month to the site and can parlay that MRR into paid traffic acquisition.

Fully expect the hammer to fall harder on generative AI sites in the near future.
Why now? Why not 6 months ago? Google doesn't know what they're doing when it comes to A.I. generated content, and this single instance won't change anything.

The only thing that will cause Google to make changes that reward the user is massive revenue loss and increased competition, which won't happen because they're a monopoly.

People really need to ask themselves what their objective is. Is it to make money or not? People have found a loophole and have shattered the worldview of the white hat crowd (which I am/was a part of, by the way), that's what's going on here and why this post got so much traction.

Honestly, it seems like a great way to build an audience nowadays would be to just fake AHREFs or analytics screenshots, spread B.S. about how "this A.I. website gets 6,000,000 visits a month by downloading entire websites and spinning the content," and wait for the white hat crowd to freak out.

They’re only able to remain a monopoly by winning in the court of public opinion.

You’re right though - it’s clear at the moment they’re unable to distinguish between good and bad content, let alone AI-generated content.

And I think the current state of the SERP’s are a reflection of that - they’re leaning into brand and user signals really heavily because they’ve no other choice.

But I’d bet my left nut they’re working on a fix because the results are hot garbage.

To quote Danny Sullivan of Google earlier this month:

The need for Google Search to improve
That said, there’s room to improve. There always is. Search and content can move through cycles. You can have a rise in unhelpful content, and search systems evolve to deal with it. We’re in one of those cycles. I fully recognize people would like to see better search results on Google. I know how hard people within Google Search are working to do this. I’m fortunate to be a part of that.”

And Google comes in for a lot of criticism (much of it warranted) but to be fair to them, indexing the web was already a difficult job before niche bros started spraying content left, right and centre.

Google wants to dissuade website owners from polluting its index with garbage. And who are the people most incentivised to undertake mass AI content generation? Niche site owners. Which is probably a big part of the reason they introduced the HCU - to kill off ‘niche sites’ as a viable business model.

We’ve been here many times before - a mass frenzied rush towards the loopholes and in just a single update, they’re closed. It works until it doesn’t.

Besides, there are so many signals G uses nowadays to build a brand and rank a website. Why invest the time, money, effort to build up all the other important signals only to risk anchoring your site with AI content?

My attitude is probably quite different from most because I’m not interested in churn and burn models, but that’s my take.

Reactions: RBT
Lol. I have seen his posts and I removed him from my feed. I have been around long enough to tell a bullshitter when I see one and I am not referring to his latest post. If you check his post history - all he does is bloat about how he ranks websites in months and jacks their traffic to crazy amounts, etc.. like he knows some trick that no one else does. Classic SEO genius that will fail so many clients - they will come crawling to the actual SEO's.

He is pushing his AI tool that writes shit content and posts it to your website. That's all. Don't fall for all the hype.

Twitter SEO is pretty bad honestly. A lot of cringe marketing tactics aimed at noobs.

LinkedIn is better for real SEO discussion.

When you say "pumping out", what kind of velocity are you talking about?

I think you mentionied a finance or banking site with a low number of total pages... in an instance like that are you still pumping out new content, pumping out updates, or is that a different beast that you can just leave alone for periods of time without issue?

Well, i play in more than 1 niche that each have their own number of total pages.

So when I say pumping out, that might be 1-2 posts a month for X website... but it also means maybe 4 posts a week in another, and 1 a day on another, and maybe 5 a month an yet another, etc.
Looks like the site from his case study has been whacked:

That's the kind of 'gotcha' that makes me laugh at SEOs. It looks exactly like this tweet about Neil Patel (and the clapback from NP made me respect him so much more):

"LMAO, look at his traffic!!!"

"LMAO, look at my revenue. We moved on to bigger and more effective things than SEO. Stay on the playground; we're in the pros."

Just imagine the AI guy's organic traffic going to zero. Oh fuckin well, already reaped the benefits of getting a few hundred thousand people a month to the site and can parlay that MRR into paid traffic acquisition.

And this is why pigs get fat, and hogs get slaughtered.

Not only was he a hog by bragging about it to the world, he was a hog for going after SO many terms in a most likely a bigger niche.

Say it again with me:
pigs get fat, and hogs get slaughtered

I don't ever hog out on anything. It's not worth the eyeballs.
Learn to moderate not only your mouth, but your lifestyle and the work you do.

If you want to still cash out large, be doing several medium sized things instead of 1 large thing.

Twitter SEO is pretty bad honestly. A lot of cringe marketing tactics aimed at noobs.

LinkedIn is better for real SEO discussion.

Not if you follow me at https://twitter.com/scalewithbrown

Wasn't the whole idea to promote his byword service, not just get clout?
Yes. He paid also to few of those users for sharing story.

He's the owner of this shit tool.
----

enough promting him. Let's talk about Google updates?

Anyone saw any increase in traffic?

My Google Discover traffic, which had been virtually nonexistent since the HCU, randomly spiked the other day. On a random post I published 4 years ago, and re-wrote this past Spring with a new date.

Not a huge spike, but the return was noticed and appreciated. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

It started Dec 1 for me. I'm gonna keep an eye on what happens in the next few days.

The November 2023 Reviews Update has finished rolling out today, December 7th, 2023:

hXuO8ly.png

I will venture a guess that, starting yesterday, either a correction is underway or they're already releasing another update and either won't claim it at all or will claim it started at a later date, which seems to be part of how they try to obscure things lately.

Edit: Here's what the weather forecasts are showing:

Accuranker:
S45nTx9.png

SEMRush:
9MCMHW7.png

SERPmetrics:
WILB7Aa.png

I see drops in traffic for the past 3 days, about 20 percent. Similar news comes from several guys on Twitter.

Do you see any weird movements? Or is it just the normal ebb and flow right before Christmas?

Rankings jumping around for sure, mostly seems downwards, but unstable.

There is a disconnect between this generation and the previous. You see the previous generation would SHUT THE FUCK UP, and keep making money from this operation. This current generation simply wants clout, where it is, for their accomplishments. It's like a bank robber bragging on IG about a heist, instead of just keeping the money hidden for 20+ years.

What's more important - the clout or the money? The previous generation took the fucking money, this new generation rather get likes and clout.

Let's say I robbed a bank - do you think I'll be on the high-street giving podcast interviews and shit? What the fuck is wrong with you kids. Ya'll don't understand the Mystery Method of winning.

This is why Blackhat SEOs stopped talking, and have kept their mouths shut for the last 10 years. They aren't out here giving interviews about what they are doing, they are MAKING MONEY.

"There are no secrets, only mysteries. No one knows how to keep their mouth shut. Look at you, what did I tell you? Don't share anything. You all do! [..]
You're looking for approval for these morons with 40 IQs. It's so important to you to [..] If they agree with you then you're doing the wrong thing! [..] but you can't help yourself... [..]
you've looked for someone else's approval for validation of your own life [..] The KKR guys knew how to keep their mouths shut. You just can't do it.

You want someone to pat you on the head, good job. How's that's system got you so far?" - Dan Peña​
They even live stream themselves committing the act lol... crazy.

I dunno what all the head scratching in this threads about.
The reason the clout chasers are outing everything is cuz the platform clout is worth more than the temporary rankings for inflated volume keywords that are mostly bot traffic......

Semi Related.
When are we going to get a webspam update targeting neg seo.
I'm getting really sick of the bots fucking with the metrics on my brand tail keywords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back