Google Adsense Begins Paying Publishers in CPM Rates

Degree
Mod Note: Rule 10 - Don't paste someone else's entire article including their damn title.

Link: https://www.seroundtable.com/google-adsense-publishers-cpm-bidding-36837.html

"Last November, Google told its AdSense publishers that it would be switching how it pays them for the Google Ads they embed on their websites. Now, it seems like many AdSense publishers are noticing that Google has completely switched over to this new payment model. Note that not all are switched from CPC to CPM bidding fully."

In the morning, have 100% CPM bids. CTR down.
I think my account is transfered do 100% CPM bids. Not see any CPC bids now. All is CPM.
100% CPM for me too. Looks like todays the day.
Same here, 100% CPM Bids but a decent Impression RPM.
CPM bids 100% here, but funny how when I calculate the clicks x CPC, I get the same amount of revenue earned by CPM Bids today, coincidence or one still has something to do with the other?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty certain Adwords isn't forcing all advertisers to pay CPM Bids, as the graphics and article are implying, and as most of the people quoted are interpreting. I deleted most of the article from your post since it completely breaks Rule 10, but I left in the final quote where one guy seems to be trying to understand what Google has been saying about this all along.

There's no change in earnings because there's no change in anything but how the data is being reported. Instead of reporting clicks and click values and click rates, they're just smearing it all out into revenue divided by a thousand impressions. It's the exact data represented in a different way, but the total revenue stays the same because it's the exact data.

Back