Goals for October 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Progress Report

Complete failures at multiple levels...

Goal #1 - Pipeline Project - I'm fucking up at a whole new level. I guess I don't want it bad enough. This is uncanny.

Goal #2 - New Web Corp - This project is starting to get a little annoying. And I still haven't done anything for 2nd proposal - wow.

Goal #5 - Corporate Blitz Project - Only thing going right, full steam ahead with all the partners excited and doing their parts. Made a ton of progress but still have a mountain of code to go through. But this is the end game.

Goal #6 - Personal Well Being - Nothing. No Gym - Going to do a min of 100 push ups a day for 30 days straight cause this is way off schedule. Starting tomorrow obviously. One thing I have been working on for my mental health, is listening to certain audiobooks straight with no other distractions. Just sitting there and listening - that's helped me come to some interesting revelations - all problems and solutions are created by my own doing - there is nobody else responsible.

Goal #7 - Resurrection Project - Nothing new.

Overall, I have no idea what's holding me back, but when extreme realism hits you in the face like watching these progress reports develop something has to "snap" into place quickly otherwise I might as well just give it all up.

Now I'm starting to get really angry at the lack of progress...

@CCarter It sounds like you've been making progress all month. Don't be too hard on yourself. Here's some unsolicited advice for Goal #6. What keeps me feeling good when I can't make it to the gym is to just make sure I'm eating well that day. If I start off the day with a huge green shake (Like cucumber, kale, chard, spinach, ginger + coconut water or almond milk. Nothing else.) that makes me much more motivated to keep it up for the rest of the day. It tastes like you're taking a load from the incredible hulk but it's not bad if you get it down first thing. Next it's time for coffee. I mix in a couple scoops of hemp protein between 2-3 cups of coffee... This morning cocktail fuels me through the workday. Dinner = veggies, fish / chicken, no sauce or anything like that. A couple days of that and it'll be impossible to keep yourself from hitting the gym. It's all about momentum, so get it rolling however you can, one day at a time. I find that if I set monthly goals it's too easy to think "Ah, I'll do it tomorrow, still plenty of time."

By any miracle, I want to get my site unpenalized by the end of the month. It's manual, not algorithmic. I don't have a ton of backlinks either. Should be an easy clean up as long as they don't want me to suffer for longer than necessary just to learn a lesson.

Progress Report

Oh boy...

Goal #1 - Pipeline Project - Dude on the other side has been trying to contact me for quite some time apparently. Got some serious signals crossed, but I want to get this into some sort of action plan before the month is up.

Goal #2 - New Web Corp - Meeting was delayed then cancelled. Think some major bad shit happened to someone there - I get this feeling someone may have passed away on their side. Still messing around and not delivering on Proposal #2.

Goal #4 - Boss Is Back Project - Had a quick meeting on thursday with my business partner and talked about the future the company. Besides the health niche we've got 2 other lead generation projects in the works that'll tie back into the Pipeline project. It's go time...

Goal #5 - Corporate Blitz Project - Getting closer and closer to our next big goal so things are looking really well.

Goal #6 - Personal Well Being - Abysmal. But mentally I did reach a new level in productivity. Last week had two days of 10 Pomodoros straight - wednesday and thursday respectively. This week I had 6 on monday, 11 on tuesday, 13 on wednesday, 3 on thursday - but that was an erratic day, 10 on friday, and 11 so far today - Saturday.

Goal #7 - Resurrection Project - Nothing new again.

Rounding the corner on the end of this month, I gotta go hard in these last days cause overall this month was meh...

Progress Report

Goal #6 - Personal Well Being I'm pretty proud of this latest pomodoro progress report (70 pomodoros):
10_27_2014.png

My goal this week is to keep on pace with it, and reward myself at the end of the week with something if I can match or exceed it. Time to grind!

October Progress Report!

Goal #1
Increase my monthly white label service to $30k/monthly revenue. Currently I've built the monthly revenue to $15-20k/monthly depending on bulk orders. However, I plan to partner with other LOCAL agencies in my area and see if we have something that could stop them from having to keep explaining why rank #8 is a good thing...

The month started off REALLY hot and I hit my 50% goal mark on the 8th of October. I then coasted for about a week as to not push TOO hard on the customer side. I let that slide right into Penguin 3 and the spam market ran DRY for around a week. After running tests and showing positive movement on my sites and a handful of post Penguin clients business came back and we just hit our Monthly goal this morning WOOT. Rewarded the team with a morning off, golf in the afternoon, and lunch/dinner on the company. Very happy about this one.

Goal #2 Hire a new developer to help shoulder the weight of our current developer staff. We have a lot of projects currently running which have made our developers grind hard for the last 3 months. I would like to be able to give them all a breather with a new developer.

We fired one of our straggler developers as he just was way over his head. Currently looking for another developer locally to come on full-time and take the load off. This is a major pain point, but we are getting some great resumes and test packets back as we move into November.

Goal #3 Write a kickass study for BUSO - I have several in mind, but need to really choose my first one wisely. Social Media contest one? PURE SEO? How I conquer local?

Well - I STARTED the case study, but as the test sites JUST began running we should see some interesting results.

Goal #4 Continue getting my body right. I've done really well over the last 2 months of making sure MENTALLY I was prepared everyday I walked into a meeting, interview, and work in general. Mentally I just shut off work/communications for 3-4 hours a day that is purely ME time. Now I need to get my body back to where it was when I played college baseball. A health condition hindered my long-term ability to play, train, as well as my college grades. I stopped playing and immediately went back to deans list and health numbers were solid. Time to find the happy medium which begins first by getting back in shape.

This is one that I am most proud about in this list.

FINALLY bought a gym membership - first one in my life as I always trained at home, school, or college.
Been in there 3 times a week as I get back into shape from pure atrophy. Been eating "slightly" better, but am feeling so much better when I eat well and exercise that it's contagious. Going to be heading to the gym right now actually.

Main CPU just crashed with hardware failures this morning... Also tons of nonsense going on offline that's attempting to distract me off my course, but I still have to stay the course. Lucky it's a mac and I can use another mac, mac mini in this case, to target disk into it and continue working off the operating system and harddrive as nothing happen, just down one monitor though.

I figure this might be a blessing in disguise, cause I've got to concentrate extra hard this coming month to hit all my new goals. I'm not satisfied with this month, too much wasted time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back