Goals for October 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't share my main project for the month but one of my side-goals is definitely to get my amazon case study site completed and to write the rest of the guide.

Goals for October

First time in a long time were I had serious goals. If even 1 of the first 5 hit, it's going to be a very merry christmas for the Clan Akkaba and associates. Goal #6 is not really an option but a requirement.

1. Establish Pipeline Project - Should bring in some big figures monthly, totally offline operation, lots of negotiations to be done. If this does what I think it can do, I'll probably just sell off my other online properties and exit the game.

2. New Web Corp - Starting off with 2 major side deals - establish new corp in the web field with two major projects which will have multi-national organizations watching both projects in their respective field. Afterwards, letting new corp sit idle.

3. Small Services project - all logistics are already completed by my business partner, so it's time for me to step in and market it. Should bring in some nice monthly revenue for the partnership, nothing big.

4. Boss Is Back Project - health niche, similar to pipeline project, but this is from a pure online perspective. Waiting on docs to get things going, we'll see if numbers make sense or I just junk the project altogether until new years.

5. Corporate Blitz Project - expanding customer base by at least 200% by month's end through serious leveraging of current partners and marketing channels. Should help coast into Nov and December as we bring new functionalities online.

6. Personal Well Being Goal - Has to do with my body and mind. I need to work on both at least 2 hours a day and get back to 100% where I should be. I feel like I'm operating at 10% at best.

6. Personal Well Being Goal - Has to do with my body and mind. I need to work on both at least 2 hours a day and get back to 100% where I should be. I feel like I'm operating at 10% at best.

I need to hear more about this. It's my biggest limiting factor. Mind and body go so closely hand-in-hand. I think that would make a great thread. I would start one but I don't have anything to contribute.

Any volunteers?

Edit: Just noticed the very next thread, "Keeping your Sanity".
4aLwQeV.png

1. Exercise - Continue to go to the gym 3/4 times a week, every other day, so it rotates. Incorporate running on the off days. Start meditating again, not just in bed before falling asleep, but on the zafuton.

2. Moon Shot - This project is already in place and has killer potential, but it's one of those that will take years to get fully solidified. It's almost two years deep now and very close to dominating it's niche. It needs a lot more content. I've just opened it up for the readers to submit content, which should help. I've been letting it simmer on links for a while, and it's actually gaining free and better links than I could have ever acquired or paid for. Content sometimes is king. Current goal is to just ramp up free content acquisition for now.

3. Main Gig - This was my main baby that got knocked back about 100+ spaces per SERP about a month ago, due to my poor choice of anchor on a sitewide. The homepage was inadvertently keyword stuffed as well, which I've fixed. Not sure which truly caused the problem but both are fixed and I'm waiting for it to pop back. My other projects picked up enough in this time to have it not cause a dip in income, which makes me think that when it comes back, my passive income will double.

4. Active Income - I dabble in some active online income. That's all I'll say. But I want to ramp this up in two ways. Scaling horizontally and vertically. I've found new clientele but I also want to have more options per client. There are plenty of people who are maxing out what i have, which means I'm limiting the whales who are sold on my product. That's not good. That's a goal this month, to add more options.

5. Side Project - This project is 90% topped out at it's traffic potential. It can get more but it's an ROI issue. So what i'm doing already is to optimize the monetization by bringing in a new method and testing it and possibly dropping the old one. It could be a huge change in income for this site. I'll be adding Pay-Per-Call and either mixing it in or dropping out the old Display Advertising.

6. Youtube - Like others here, I wanted to make a Youtube channel at one point and did. I made 3 videos, one of them popped hard, quick success. I'd like to keep making these but it's time consuming. About an hour per minute of video editing. It's not ROI worthy but neither was any other project at first. I just can't justify outsourcing this yet. I'd like to push one new video per month and just let it slow grow. I honestly just don't enjoy making the videos. I need to optimize that work flow with templates to quicken up the pace.

7. New Site Case Study - I have a new site I want to create and run it as a case study here. I want to get that started this month. Look for that thread at some point.

Progress Update

Goal #1. Pipeline Project - ended up not reaching out yet to the contacts. Going to go all in on monday, cause Friday or even Saturday, getting sales guys on the line is nearly impossible.

Goal #2. New Web Corp - Got a meeting on Tuesday night for the first checks. Going to deliver the site within a week, they are thinking this might be a 2 month project, nah. 1 week tops. Already got it coded and ready for content. Small snippets here and there, and they are good. Might already have 2 referrals for new work, big ticket items 5-6 figs at min.

2nd client wants proposal asap, like literally ASAP, so I gotta work on getting that over to them then figure out a design. This is the one with tons of international prestige and will get the corp on the map in the evergreen niche. The other is fashion related and should bring in huge dollar clients.

After those two project, we can restart the corp and bring on new employees to handle things going forward.

Goal #3. Small Services project - Going to send out some feelers on Tuesday morning to see if there are any bits to this product. If not I'm dropping it, but there should be.

Goal #4. Boss Is Back Project - Got the rev share agreements, and looking over, everything looks good, so will most likely be turning on this sucker by Wednesday at the latest.

Goal #5. Corporate Blitz Project - Coding out for scaling is a bitch, that's all I got to say about that.

Goal #6. Personal Well Being Goal - Already back in the gym 70% of my max, but no stamina, need to get my stamina back up. Continuing to sleep without mobile devices in same room, and starting hitting my pomodoro productivity goals. Got 11 done in Thurs, and 13 done yesterday, so my concentration is somewhat coming back.

Progress Report

Feels good putting in another 24 hours shift, hit 8 pomodoros today, got 4 yesterday, but took it mostly easy... Going to get some food and take the rest of the night off.

Goal #1 Pipeline Project - Negotiated terms on all future revenues on our side of the house, looking at making people money, so went for a profit percentage, which allows everyone on our side to be more flexible with negotiations with whoever is on the other side in the future.

Goal #2 New Web Corp - Polished up the site a bit more. The heavy lifting is going to be complete before we even sit down, so it'll look effortless overall. I told them to make out the checks to "Montana Realty Company".

Goal #3 Small Services Project - Dropped the ball a little overall. I need to setup the stage for this one way or another. Overall no progress today on any level.

Goal #4 Boss Is Back Project - Talked over the terms of the deals, all looks good from our side of the house. It's been a while since I messed with the site, but I was able to go in and reduce the load by removing all the retarded social media plugins - don't know why I even had them. Got the inner pages http request down by 44%, and the homepage down by 20%; inner pages and home pages are down by more then 50% in actual size. There is some bug somewhere or on the server, or with the CDN that's killing the time to first byte, so I gotta figure that out while I get re-familiar with the website.

Goal #5 Corporate Blitz Project - New ideas for features were laid out, so went in for some like speed optimizing. I need a good 12 hour chuck of time to dig deep and get ready for the partners to start pushing the operation.

Goal #6 Personal Well Being Goal - Decided to remove wheat from my diet for this week. Finished a 24 hour water fast, don't plan on getting back into the gym until tomorrow. Really I fell into the fast, cause I was trying to figure out some places to eat but needed to avoid wheat all together - well turns out anyone place outside has wheat at some level in the food - which severely limits any outside eating. Probably going to buy a bunch of fruits and vegetables from Whole Foods as my food source for this week, we'll see. My gym goal being about stamina I'm not really looking to bulk up at any level, more slim down the excess weight this week.

(Honestly not looking to make daily progress reports, but it helps keep me pushing towards the goals - and if you figure - if you aren't progressing in small bits everyday towards goals, what the fuck are you doing with your life? Might as well stay in bed.)

I'm really trying to figure out my next move. Do I push the sites I have further? I'm at that wall where it's going to take more effort. Or I can roll out another site at an easy niche and knock down some more income quicker. Then I could turn that income around and reinvest. Not sure.

For my normal sites, I'm going to keep adding content and trying to get some white hat powerful links. Takes a lot of time. I might hold off and see how this new Penguin acts while I build a new site... AH! Decisions, decisions.

Progress Report

Goal #1 Pipeline Project - Reached out to the majors and gave them the pitch, balls in play.

Goal #2 New Web Corp - Doing some light edits.

Goal #3 Small Services Project - Talked to partner about future marketing campaigns.

Goal #4 Boss Is Back Project - Found out CloudFlare is retarded - so I recommend turning off cloudflare for everyone. Tested with Pingdom with it on and off and with CF off ALL the sites I tested loaded faster, some upto 2 seconds faster. I'm going to keep them for the nameserver, but overall, need a new solution.

Goal #5 Corporate Blitz Project - Working on new required functionalities. Reached out for some feedback with current customers.

Goal #6 Personal Well Being Goal - Took a rest day - I dunno but Mondays are usually a rest day overall for me. I like going hard over the weekends and throughout the rest week, and relaxing on Mondays, so mostly just did some small things here and there. I should run errands but I don't feel like even doing that. Mondays I do nada.

My goal this month is to sign up for some uni courses online and see if I can do the self study thing and still have time to work on a website.

October Goals

Goal #1 Increase my monthly white label service to $30k/monthly revenue. Currently I've built the monthly revenue to $15-20k/monthly depending on bulk orders. However, I plan to partner with other LOCAL agencies in my area and see if we have something that could stop them from having to keep explaining why rank #8 is a good thing...
Goal #2 Hire a new developer to help shoulder the weight of our current developer staff. We have a lot of projects currently running which have made our developers grind hard for the last 3 months. I would like to be able to give them all a breather with a new developer.
Goal #3 Write a kickass study for BUSO - I have several in mind, but need to really choose my first one wisely. Social Media contest one? PURE SEO? How I conquer local?
Goal #4 Continue getting my body right. I've done really well over the last 2 months of making sure MENTALLY I was prepared everyday I walked into a meeting, interview, and work in general. Mentally I just shut off work/communications for 3-4 hours a day that is purely ME time. Now I need to get my body back to where it was when I played college baseball. A health condition hindered my long-term ability to play, train, as well as my college grades. I stopped playing and immediately went back to deans list and health numbers were solid. Time to find the happy medium which begins first by getting back in shape.

October Goals

Goal #1:
Get my affiliate program for wppumper going. Right now looking between e-junkie and jvzoo. I'm averaging a few sales a week without really any promotion. Really want to amp that up. Believe in my product and want to get it out there.

Goal #2: Working on getting early-beta going for my second Wordpress plugin. Still very hush hush

Goal #3: Help build this community. I really like the way this is going and want to make sure it's a place I can continue to come back to both help others out as well as learn myself.

Goal #4: Go to the gym at least 3 times a week and stop eating fast food. It's just garbage.

Progress Report

Delays, stalls, and more waiting periods. Right now things are coming to a crawl, but I'm used to this, once I get out of the bottleneck period for these projects, things will explode and then I'll really have no free time, so I'm taking advantage of the downtime by coding and writing up some threads.

Goal #1 - Pipeline Project - Started the proposal process on what we want to offer, overall this is the slow time in a new project - everyone is getting to know each other and look up their backgrounds.

Goal #2 - New Web Corp - Meeting #1 was delayed cause of some personal errands that conflicted our schedules - waiting on biz partner on my end to get her shit together. Stalling on proposal #2 cause I know that's going to collide - negotiations are going to be tough with that one, but it'll go through.

Goal #3 Small Services Project - Some regulators are trolling the scene, so we gotta lay low for about 10 days or so. Sucks for now, but it'll be worth it.

Goal #4 Boss Is Back - Sent contracts, waiting on them to turn it around and give me all the codes and access I need to setup shop. Overall, waiting on them - another waiting project.

Goal #5 - Corporate Blitz Project - Smooth sailing so far, got some new code in without any major problems in the development servers. Going to push a major update soon, and blast off into outerspace.

Goal #6 - Personal Well Being Goal - Fucking up all around. Haven't been back to the gym since Saturday, late night coding is causing laziness, this needs to stop. I'm going to turn off all communication, Skype, emails, and mobile, until I get my brain reset. I need off-grid days - there simply is no other way to put it.

October Goals :

> Fitness :
Start concentrating on core and torso in the gym. Get a personal trainer so I follow a proper schedule and maximize gains .

>Business:
  • Add a few more in house writers to increase output / Reduce TAT .
  • Try to get a few more agencies send in their link building projects by undercutting their existing providers and providing value .
  • Train my VAs to research and get expired domains for my upcoming expired-domains-selling/PBN setup project.
  • Should establish a brand (start) and throw in a fancy site to make it easier to get clients and stop depending on referrals and repeats. Need business cards for local
  • Automate Gscraper and processing

> Learn to use gifs like CCarter

> Try to walk into my university head's cabin and tell them they badly need ORM and probably close a big client.

> Add a minimum of 15 sites to my PBN to compensate the recent de indexing madness.
Look into my Paypal and unsub services I dont use . Keyword Canine and Ispionage especially.

> Post stuff here and make friends

Last edited:
Ok here goes.

Goal #1: Sell my e-commerce business. This will allow me to get all my finances in order and give me a nice chunk of change to work on building my empire. The reduction in stress and the increase in free time from 1) no longer having to run the business and 2) having all debts cleared will allow me to move forward with other projects much faster.

Goal #2: Get my first big affiliate MS live and banking

Goal #3: Sort out my personal life and ease the friction with the inlaws

Goal #4: Remember to eat well, go to sleep at a decent time and visit the gym regularly.

Progress Report

Tons of delays, but some good revenue goals hit. Overall time to go hard from now through the new year, I felt this was more of a bye week for me.

Goal #1 - Pipeline Project - Nothing yet. It's on me to start up.

Goal #2 - New Web Corp - New meeting setup Monday - I should probably deliver proposal #2 cause the holidays are fast approaching and the last thing I want to be boggled down with is a web design project during december.

Goal #3 - Small Services Project - Indefinitely Paused. These regulators are trololol a little bit too hard.

Goal #4 - Boss is Back - We did projections last night, so now we are waiting on the web developers to send over the codes, and scripts to install.

Goal #5 - Corporate Blitz Project - Tons of activity this week, we've got a huge push coming, highest new revenue week in months, so all the promotions have been working extremely well. Most of my time this week was spent on this project. Now looking to bring on some more members of the marketing team.

Goal #6 - Nope. Just no. Didn't accomplish the week of no wheat. Didn't even go to the gym, but I am down some weight this week, which is surprising, but there was a ton of activity and running around, and pretty much little time to eat throughout the week, so that accounts for most of that.

New - Goal #7 - Resurrection Project - resurrecting a project that should help with branding. Should be simple and easy thing to put together, so we'll see how things go.

Goals for (the rest of) October.

1)
Secure at least 4 more sponsorship deals for my event in November. (1 down)
2) Write at least 15 new pieces of content for my site.
3) Resume writing content for some side income.
4) Achieve at least 1 hour of focused study per day.
5) Finish reading my textbooks for marketing and organizational behavior.
6) Stop skipping classes.
6) Resume practicing coding at least 2 hours per day.
7) Continue early morning jogging routine.

Goals For Rest of October...
Back to the gym - since been back from holiday been SLACKING can't put it off no longer Health has to be always #1
2. Start to Ramp up my client business got 1 lead gen traffic source starting come tomorrow and also going to be hitting retargetting more and get clients in on maybe a $1 trial and upsell to higher recurring SEO packages.
3. Got a good niche with some decent traffic which gonna build again a lead gen parasite and sell the leads on - each customer worth £600-£1500 so could work out well.
4. Revamp one of my main MS in one niche as competition has clicked on how to now do SEO :smile: so need site to stand out from the rest!
5. Some small burner Amazon sites need fixing ranking 2nd page need to bump them back to page 1 for certain keywords kinda been neglected...

> Learn to use gifs like CCarter

I feel like CCarter has just a Harddrive full of Gifs #Bossssss

Progress Report:

DONE!!! Goal #1: Very close to having the affiliate program set up. Going to be using e-junkie. Creating some videos and writing the affiliate page.

Goal #2: Getting closer! Should be able to start having beta users by November 5th.

Goal #3: Need to write a good resource. I already know what it is going to be; just waiting till after goal #1 is reached. Going to write about launching a Wordpress plugin.

Goal #4: Sigh. Still eating out and not going to the gym.. Need to get on it!

Last edited:
A little late but here it is:

1) Do some seo, for my girlfriends site(photography niche)
2) Launch new parasite(my last one failed miserably, but I learned a lot)
3 Promote my site more for local seo services.

Progress Report

Alright, we're at the half way mark for October, and I can successfully say I'm completely behind schedule on all fronts. Looking at these past progress reports have helped me figure out what I'm wasting time on and what I'm pretending to be working on that's not really getting done as it should be.

Goal #1 - Pipeline Project - I'm fucking up.

Goal #2 - New Web Corp - Met with first client last night, scheduled a meeting for Monday to go over improvements and tour the new facility. I'm fucking up on proposal #2.

Goal #3 - Small Services Project - Cancelled. (I am omitting this from future updates)

Goal #4 - Boss Is Back - This guy on the other end is fucking up. I told them to send me the fucking codes, and am waiting on this nonsense for over a week. They don't have their shit together on their end. - I'm canceling that project. Talking to my business partner to confirm our next goals for the properties. (I am omitting this from future updates)

Goal #5 - Corporate Blitz Project - This has been going tremendously well. Right now it's all on my shoulders for some finalization, but we are moving along nicely.

Goal #6 - Personal Well Being Goal - Nada. I've been a bit too distracted with side nonsense and offline stuff, which is most likely just an excuse. I've been sleeping more then 7 hours straight though, so that's a huge change, mobile devices are far away as possible from my bed.

Goal #7 - Resurrection Project - Small progress, selected the CMS, next step is to import content and stylize it.

Overall, meh, I need to go stronger in the 2nd half of the month, and get more focused overall on daily tasks and detach myself from the world a lot more. I found that logging off of Skype has helped tremendously, and created more sane moments. There is always some nonsense going on and drama somewhere, but if you look at it with a clear perspective, it's a waste of time and energy - so I'm going to be going more dark with my communications for the rest of the month until I get these leftover goals done.

I'm not sad, mad, or upset that some of these goals haven't been accomplished, that's just how things go in the entrepreneurial world, most projects fall through, but the ones that don't are the ones to stay focused on. There is never a point in dwelling into the past or asking "What if..." Just keep moving forward.

I really like this thread. It helps to see that things DON'T always work out, and that's okay cos it's an ongoing process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back